• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hiya and Happy Christmas!

sonnet

Alpha Buck
Hi everyone,

Thought as I've put a couple of posts on the forum already that it was about time I introduced myself!

I'm 29 and live in Northamptonshire and have been fortunate enough to have bunnies in my life since I was 11. My heart is currently taken over by my bun, Merlin.

I've recently passed a Pet Sitters course and hope to make this my future career (hopefully looking after lots of buns in the process :rabbit2:)

Hi Sonnet

Lovely bun :D You have grown up with bunnies all your life then :D
Did you have any other pets :?: the pet sitter course sounds interesting, does it involve all animals or just certain ones :?:

Hi Toby, Marlene, Denny & Bino Wabbit,

Thanks for the warm welcome :wave:

Denny - I've had hamsters, budgies & fish aswell as buns before (always wanted a dog but my Dad wouldn't let me :cry: )but having my first bunnie when I was 11, opened up a whole new world for me! Since then I've been bunnie mad!

Yes, the Pet Sitters course that I recently completed (with a distinction no less - very chuffed with myself on that!!!) was really good. It's run by The Animal Care College of Ascot and is a distance learning course. It's very comphrehensive and covers all animals and birds right up to dogs (not horses, but buns of course!); caring for them, first aid, laws, veterinary aspects, sitter procedures etc. It also covers setting up your own business and all that goes with it, which is really useful as although i want to work for someone else first, ultimately a small business of my own is my aim. If that's what you want to do then I really recommend it as the College has a good reputation in the animal care field. Of course as it's a distance course (so you can do it in your own time) it's up to the individual to organise practical care experience.

Hope that helps! :bunny:

Hi to you and Merlin
well done on the course it does sound interesting. How many buns have you had and what types were they?

Congratulations Sonnet
smiliec.gif

Thanx luvabun, honeybunny & marlene and hi to Mubby & MandyM :wave:

Honeybunny you asked about my previous buns. Well I have been very lucky to have had my 2 previous buns come into my life. My first was Minty - a dutch cross who was a little angel, followed me around like a puppy and lived to the grand old age of 10yrs. My second was Maxxi - we were told that she was a dwarf lop but as you can see she wasn't! We were also told she was a boy hence her initial name was Max but it had to be extended to Maxxi when we discovered she was in fact a wee girl! :oops:
I lost her at the age of 7yrs suddenly this March to heart failure - it was devastating..
Both are still missed like crazy and have a very special place in my heart and always will... :rabbit2:

Mint_MaxSml.jpg

OOPS!!!! Sorry not sure what happened there and I can't get rid of the extra 2 postings!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry everyone!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

sonnet said:
OOPS!!!! Sorry not sure what happened there and I can't get rid of the extra 2 postings!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry everyone!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

lol i just triple posted in another topic too!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Back