• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Freddie's 6 months old today

KarenM

Administrator
Staff member
I can't believe how fast time is going.

He's already outgrown his cat tree [emoji23] and his carrier is getting very heavy to carry with him in it. I might need to work out or look for a carrier on wheels lol.

We fitted a cat flap so he can stay in the garden as long as he chooses during the day and he was out for over 7 hours on Tuesday. I almost forgot we had a cat. [emoji23][emoji23]

A couple of photos from today, one from his first day with us and he would have been about 4 weeks old in the sleeping photo.
20b56ddb1a28d0855bea1ea6bfaf0a4d.jpg
87d0e869a2f3571d62b6cea863251e35.jpg
cee8d636b1aef28a5a1d6fe5ea80ca2d.jpg
1dd26cf69179e57982c043ad1ef1eeed.jpg

Thank you all.

His tail is a foot long (yes we really are that sad and measured it the other day [emoji23][emoji23]) and it's got so fluffy.

Amanda, I'm not sure of his weight now as he's also outgrown our baby scales [emoji23] but he's at the vet tomorrow for his monthly health check so I'll update then.

Freddie's health check went well, until the nurse clipped his claws and he started growling. [emoji44] He's now 5.15kg so he's put on half a kilo since his neuter.

Freddie's health check went well, until the nurse clipped his claws and he started growling. [emoji44] He's now 5.15kg so he's put on half a kilo since his neuter.

Wow that's a big kitty [emoji7] he isn't fully grown yet either right?

Poor Freddie, no one likes their claws clipped [emoji38]

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

They take anywhere between 3 and 5 years to reach their full size potential, whereas most domestic cats are fully grown by the time they're around a year old. Skye was only 3kg, bless her.

Bobbi's quite tall for a frenchie so, if you're familiar with the breed, she makes Freddie look smaller than he is but it gives you a rough idea.
9b712e9aa95c1eb26776dc391fe827a4.jpg

Bobbi's quite tall for a frenchie so, if you're familiar with the breed, she makes Freddie look smaller than he is but it gives you a rough idea.
9b712e9aa95c1eb26776dc391fe827a4.jpg
Awww that's a very cute picture! And yes Bobbi looks more leggy than most I've seen.. Very good looking Frenchie :D

Thank you; she could do with losing around half a kg mind you as we overdid the treats a little since Freddie arrived.

Most frenchies we've met are probably the same height as Freddie actually with really short bodies too.

Thank you; she could do with losing around half a kg mind you as we overdid the treats a little since Freddie arrived.

Most frenchies we've met are probably the same height as Freddie actually with really short bodies too.
Yeaa she's a gorgeous example! [emoji7] Ahh that's not too bad.. I mean a new cat arrived, she deserves it [emoji38]

Yeaa she's a gorgeous example! [emoji7] Ahh that's not too bad.. I mean a new cat arrived, she deserves it [emoji38]

Thank you. [emoji7] The treats were intended to stop any chasing and they worked brilliantly! Only now Freddie winds her up trying to get him to chase her. [emoji23][emoji23]

Back