• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jellybean Sunbathing

Beapig

Mama Doe
We're bringing Jellybean outside for a couple of hours at lunchtime to get her used to a cooler temperature again. Today was very warm and she really enjoyed sunbathing and eating the grass :)

Interesting side note about Jelly - her front left foot is always twisted inwards. It doesn't affect her ability to run around at all, but it has taken me a while to realise that it's actually stuck in that position and that she hasn't just been 'standing funny' when I look at her. I wonder if it's a birth defect? It makes me love her even more, she's so unique :love:

20190326_151410 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr

She is very relaxed and she has a beautiful delap. She is gorgeous. :love:
I hope you are also ok. I hope thet you are finding strength each day.

She is very relaxed and she has a beautiful delap. She is gorgeous. :love:
I hope you are also ok. I hope thet you are finding strength each day.

Thank you Craig. My pain is less raw now. The loss is a gentle feeling that comes and goes. Mostly I look back at Plumpkin and feel so so happy that she was part of my life for a whole year. I did think of her a lot today, as she would have loved the warmth of the sun.

If anyone is interested, I found this photo which shows Jelly's twisted foot. It's always like that. She did narrowly escape a fox attack when with her previous owner, so I wonder if it could be an injury from that time, but he said that the fox got her by one of her back legs.

I am 100% sure that she's in no pain - she eats like there's no tomorrow and runs around with so much energy. But I've never seen a bunny with a foot like that before, so I do wonder if she was born with it.

20181220_160144 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr

Last edited:
jellybean-f/left paw

dear jellybean,--beautiful sweetie-,-the front left paw may have been broken,and healed that way-[previous owner]-you could get a radiogragh to prove this,.all-in-all,-she has adapted to using just fine .--I dought it is a birth defect,unless she has other problems..sincerely james waller across the great pond u.s.a:love::wave:

Thank you Craig. My pain is less raw now. The loss is a gentle feeling that comes and goes. Mostly I look back at Plumpkin and feel so so happy that she was part of my life for a whole year. I did think of her a lot today, as she would have loved the warmth of the sun.

If anyone is interested, I found this photo which shows Jelly's twisted foot. It's always like that. She did narrowly escape a fox attack when with her previous owner, so I wonder if it could be an injury from that time, but he said that the fox got her by one of her back legs.

I am 100% sure that she's in no pain - she eats like there's no tomorrow and runs around with so much energy. But I've never seen a bunny with a foot like that before, so I do wonder if she was born with it.

20181220_160144 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr
Ah she's gorgeous! I see what you mean about the leg.

I think I'd go get an xray myself and see what's up with that, I'd be worried that because of how it is she'd be moving a little differently to your standard bunny, and could develop arthritis etc. Just my thoughts tho! It's good she's not bothered by it for now :D

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Ah she's gorgeous! I see what you mean about the leg.

I think I'd go get an xray myself and see what's up with that, I'd be worried that because of how it is she'd be moving a little differently to your standard bunny, and could develop arthritis etc. Just my thoughts tho! It's good she's not bothered by it for now :D

This is a good point. When she has her spay/vaccinations, none of the vets noticed that she has a slightly twisted foot. I think it is quite subtle, which is why it took me a while to realise it's a permanent thing. But perhaps I should get it checked out in the future to be safe.

This is a good point. When she has her spay/vaccinations, none of the vets noticed that she has a slightly twisted foot. I think it is quite subtle, which is why it took me a while to realise it's a permanent thing. But perhaps I should get it checked out in the future to be safe.
Yea I would tbh, then you'll know what to expect and look for if it isn't fixable, so she's always kept comfortable :)

Back