• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

dig box that won't get over the carpet?

binkyCodie

Mama Doe
any ideas? :wave:

Orion is in a right little mood and really really wants to dig & chew, he's ruined my carpet (not that I care as its 20 years old if not more!! hope to replace it soon). he's also destroyed my mattress :( he just keeps wanting to dig but unfortunately I don't have any proper digging areas to give him.

I've been wanting to give him a dig box but the issue is is that most of it will go all over the carpet and while its an old carpet, its the mess it will create and then be dragged throughout the house too.

I did think about putting something under it but he'd probably chew it and it probably wouldn't catch most of the mess.

I had a look on MPH but I don't have £110 to spend at the moment. small paws playtime offer one £75 but its also just a bit out of my budget ATM.

I'm a bit stumped on something that will entertain him and give him a chance to dig.

I did think about outside but he wouldn't have 24/7 access to it and the weather is a bit all over the shop here, so I can't take them out often.

Could you not use a tall large plastic storage box cut the entrance out at the height you want and attach two ramps one inside and one out. You could put sides on the ramps so they won’t fall.

Put the digging box inside a very large cardboard box to contain the mess. Maybe try something like a covered cat litter tray or top opening carrier with the lid off?

Back