• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chewing/Digging behaviour

MiniC

Wise Old Thumper
I'm probably thinking out loud here a bit. Our bunnies are pretty well behaved, they've chewed the coffee table a bit, the usual stuff, but have generally left our furniture, clothes and cables alone.

In the last month, one bunny has taken to jumping up on the couch in the night (I think to escape the other bun, who's in Spring Fever) - she peed on it twice (unusual behaviour), and we put a cover down to protect he couch. But now she's chewing at the cover and cushions instead, quite excessively.

There's been lots of other little signs of new behaviour, which she's never displayed before, that all involve chewing and digging, I'm wondering if it suggests illness?

They have sticks and toys galore, I gave them a new castle last week, I give them a new toy about once a week, and give them lots of attention, but I don't want to ignore the behaviour change if it could suggest illness.

Yes I immediately thought pain/ illness?

May be watch and wait for a couple of days and see if it continues?

Yeah, my worry is pain. But I wondered if this is just her equivalent of spring fever!
I just checked out her nails, and they were quite long! Maybe they were causing pain, so I'll see if she's any better after trimming them.

How's she doing? X

Still being naughty! More pee on the couch, new hole in my jeans. Plus I keep having to clean poos off her feet.

They've had a lot of twigs, so I can't imagine her teeth are overgrown or anything. That was my first thought with excessive chewing.

I guess Poppy and our cushion had a falling out?

I'm not seeing signs of anything more serious (pain wise), but she's still acting out.
b3df106e367224f6b830ec25d8bd6bc6.jpg

Back