• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Company dying rabbits for Easter photo shoot

Angie B

Wise Old Thumper
It's called Abundant Moments Photography and it advertises on Facebook. Not sure if it advertises anywhere else though, but it's adverts shows dyed rabbits, chicks, and ducks to be used with babies and toddlers in time for Easter. Not sure what dye they use but frankly, that's irrelevant. They're based in America I believe. They've had a good backlash already about it, but no comments in reply. I've put a comment too, no reply yet.

So please can we rally and send them some more comments? Thanks.

https://www.facebook.com/abundantmoments/

I wonder if maybe it would be more constructive to ask the rwaf to speak with the photographer? They'll be able to point out the issue in a polite and factual manner (not saying that people here won't be polite but we can't control who follows the link and what they write) and it might carry a little more weight coming from an organisation.

Some comments are still there. You also have the option in "reviews" to leave negative reviews (I have!) so do that too. Someone's just posted that they've reported them to Facebook as well.

It's all kicking off on Facey :lol:!

I wonder if maybe it would be more constructive to ask the rwaf to speak with the photographer? They'll be able to point out the issue in a polite and factual manner (not saying that people here won't be polite but we can't control who follows the link and what they write) and it might carry a little more weight coming from an organisation.

I don't know how to do that, otherwise I would.

I've tagged RWAF, and a couple of others, onto the business page. I've done it the other way around as well, so if the business deletes my comments it won't matter, because the RWAF and others, will have still been notified.

You can probably email them too, there should be contact details on the website.

Angie, I saw you RR tag. Have you contacted RWAF? You can post on their Facebook site and link it in. If you can’t do it let me know.

Rabbits Dyed for Easter Photos

I am disgusted at this company, who have dyed bunnies for an Easter photoshoot. Surely the dye will be toxic to them and prevent them from washing themselves? And god knows they will be dumped after they're done with them. Thankfully, there are hundreds of people giving them hell for it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvSHoIwnKVv/

Angie, I saw you RR tag. Have you contacted RWAF? You can post on their Facebook site and link it in. If you can’t do it let me know.

Aw, thanks Amy & Amber. I managed to post on their Facebook site and copied/pasted the photography company post into it, thank you :). I'll leave it in their hands now. Hopefully, they will be able to do something.

They have privated their instagram page too. I had a quick lurk earlier and someone who I presume provided the bunnies said it was ok as they were dyed with Kool Aid and were loved :rolleyes: I should have screenshot it as I forget the rest. Whether or not it really was Kool Aid, that is still totally unacceptable, bunnies groom and will ingest it!! Hopefully they will reconsider now they've had a backlash.

Dying rabbits and chicks is "a thing" in America, protests against it come up in my news feed every year - it seems to as normal as buying an Easter egg in some areas - it's probably quite a normal activity for the photographer. How anybody can see it as normal and acceptable?!

Back