• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pickle and Beans take over the kitchen and the fridge/freezer!

Glingle

Warren Veteran
So, now bloke has gone, I’ve managed to get the kitchen cleared to allow the buns to free range in the kitchen. I gave them a temporary step whilst they learnt how to hop in and out of their cage. The cage is just a base. They’ll only be shut in for their own safety such as if I have workmen in the kitchen, so probably never then!
E1r6E8Ul.jpeg

Ps9dzQ2l.jpeg

03NN4Awl.jpeg

QAnyf82l.jpeg

KWiQMo9l.jpeg

vfSAYttl.jpeg

Last edited:
Question? How on earth do you keep the kitchen that spotless? I mean, there's no bum nuggets, no loose bedding, not even a sliver of hay. Are they trained to clean up aftern themselves or something? I mean, they wear the cute hat - and my goodness they are just too cute for words, but they must be the cleanest pair of bunnies I've ever seen. I hoover my kitchen/diner area almost daily and it still looks like a war zone.
Enjoy the moment - you've got twin nethies. Nethie owners know what's coming. Just look at Mervinus's duo. That wooden furniture is looking a safe bet for teeth marks:lol:

Question? How on earth do you keep the kitchen that spotless? I mean, there's no bum nuggets, no loose bedding, not even a sliver of hay. Are they trained to clean up aftern themselves or something? I mean, they wear the cute hat - and my goodness they are just too cute for words, but they must be the cleanest pair of bunnies I've ever seen. I hoover my kitchen/diner area almost daily and it still looks like a war zone.
Enjoy the moment - you've got twin nethies. Nethie owners know what's coming. Just look at Mervinus's duo. That wooden furniture is looking a safe bet for teeth marks:lol:
They might have only been loose for an hour in that photo! Touch wood, they’re being very good using litter trays. They have however discovered that they can stick their heads up between the radiator and the wall to see if anything worth chewing is up there :roll:. The edge of the kitchen door has had a nibble, all parts of the cage and new litter tray have had test nibbles and I’m under no illusion that the table and chairs are next! I did leave the broom out in the kitchen, but somehow some of the bristles mysteriously fell off! No idea how! :lol: They’ve been having a whale of a time exploring, zooming and binkying. Worth every nibble!

So apparently a naughty nethie (aka Pickle) can fit behind a fridge freezer and get inside the workings of it. Thankfully, neither the fridge or nethie came to harm. I had to lure him out with a trail of fenugreek crunchie bits like Hansel and Gretel!

So apparently a naughty nethie (aka Pickle) can fit behind a fridge freezer and get inside the workings of it. Thankfully, neither the fridge or nethie came to harm. I had to lure him out with a trail of fenugreek crunchie bits like Hansel and Gretel!

:shock: naughty bunny :lol: do you have any puppy panels? You can sometimes attach them to the wall with the help of screw eyes and cable ties, I had to fasten one to the front of some cube shelves when Fern decided to scrabble into the boxes containing shoes :lol:

Haha. Pickle sounds like Archie, definitely get the gap covered, Pickle will want to explore that fun tunnel again!!!! They can fit in suprisingly small gaps can't they.

Glad he's ok though x

I had some leftover wire mesh that I’ve added to the baby gate to stop them squeezing through the bars into the lounge. I’ve folded that round and stuffed it into the gap to Pickle proof it!

Oh naughty Pickle!

It's amazing the gaps baby animals can get into! Many years ago when I was a teenager our family got a couple of kittens. One day one of them went missing. We searched high and low and eventually found her sitting in the oven! Turned out she crawled through the vent in the bottom. After that we had to double check she wasn't in there before turning the oven. Even now I have cold sweats thinking we could have accidentally roasted her!

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Oh naughty Pickle!

It's amazing the gaps baby animals can get into! Many years ago when I was a teenager our family got a couple of kittens. One day one of them went missing. We searched high and low and eventually found her sitting in the oven! Turned out she crawled through the vent in the bottom. After that we had to double check she wasn't in there before turning the oven. Even now I have cold sweats thinking we could have accidentally roasted her!

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
:shock: *makes mental note to check location of rabbits before turning oven on*

I'm glad the fridge freezer survived an encounter with a Nethie !!
My thoughts exactly!

My Nethie could fit through gaps just larger than 2" :) We left a gap slightly bigger than that between his run and hutch and we never caught him, he just went back in on his own!

Back