• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Furminator

I have never used one either but was looking up reviews to see if it was some thing I would consider using. I also found warnings in several places about incidents with them causing injury’s :(

they're really too harsh on a rabbits skin, the brush has very close teeth metal teeth. its easy on a bunny with such delicate skin to injure them in all honesty. the cat zoom groom is extremely good and works on all shorthair bunny types, if you have a long haired bun then I'd suggest a wide toothed metal comb to gently pick out knots from the longer fur.

they're really too harsh on a rabbits skin, the brush has very close teeth metal teeth. its easy on a bunny with such delicate skin to injure them in all honesty. the cat zoom groom is extremely good and works on all shorthair bunny types, if you have a long haired bun then I'd suggest a wide toothed metal comb to gently pick out knots from the longer fur.

I did talk about the furminator with a vet specialized in rabbits a few years back, when I was considering it, and he told me exactly that. In the end, if the rabbit isn't long-haired, I'm not even convinced a brush is really necessary - I've tried a few with the 3 rabbits I've had and they all hated being brushed. I haven't even tried with the ones I've got now. I just pet them with a slightly wet hand when they moult and that's that (honestly, Tybalt hates even THAT... he is letting you pet him no problem, but as soon as he notices you are trying to remove lose hair from him, he will go all indignant and shake you off ^^). I think it's enough for most short-haired bunnies.

Back