• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Missing Rabbit- Sheffield - Handsworth

Siegmeyer

Young Bun
Hello,

My chinchilla Netherland dwarf has gone missing in the late hours of today (19/03/19). His name is Thumper and he’s very tame. If anyone lives near us could you please keep an eye out. We’ve frantically searched for him so far with no luck and we all miss him very much including his brother.

We have no idea how he escaped, it was possible he was taken, as there was no where he could have escaped from and his smaller brother is still home.
He is microchipped.

Many thanks, any information would be helpful.

He is the same rabbit in my profile pic.

Hello,

My chinchilla Netherland dwarf has gone missing in the late hours of today (19/03/19). His name is Thumper and he’s very tame. If anyone lives near us could you please keep an eye out. We’ve frantically searched for him so far with no luck and we all miss him very much including his brother.

We have no idea how he escaped, it was possible he was taken, as there was no where he could have escaped from and his smaller brother is still home.
He is microchipped.

Many thanks, any information would be helpful.

He is the same rabbit in my profile pic.

I am so very sorry.

I know your area but I dont live there any more myself.
I shall put word about amongst those I know in the Handsworth area for you and pray he will be found.

I am very sorry to read this :( I'm really hoping that Thumper can soon be found safe and well.

I’m so sorry :cry: I would ask at vets, local rescues, rspca, BARC, thornberry, put posters up on lampposts, in local shops, and ask around neighbours. I really hope you find him safe xx

Thank you everyone! We are still searching. All our neighbours have been informed, just waiting for all the vets and the rspca to open so I can give them a ring. I hope he’s fine and some kind strangers taken him to the local vet.

Still not found. I’ve contacted the microchipping company and reported him missing and they’ve sent out a report looking for him within 30 miles of us. A few people have contacted us with found rabbits but none of them are Thumper. I’ve been going out everyday after work looking for him. I think I might ask the local newspaper if I can pay for them to put him in the papers? Idk if this is a good idea. Think he’s been stolen to be honest. His brothers been frantically running around the shed looking for him as they’ve never been apart since birth :( completely broke my heart...

Don’t know if the police would care...if I reported it...

Sending hugs. The newspaper sounds like a good idea, perhaps you could even ask if they’d run a story about how his brother is pining for him and how important it is that they have company given that it’s nearly Easter? I’m assuming you’ve put a lock on the hutch now? To be honest, I must put a lock on my setup. I hope you have good news soon x

Still not found. I’ve contacted the microchipping company and reported him missing and they’ve sent out a report looking for him within 30 miles of us. A few people have contacted us with found rabbits but none of them are Thumper. I’ve been going out everyday after work looking for him. I think I might ask the local newspaper if I can pay for them to put him in the papers? Idk if this is a good idea. Think he’s been stolen to be honest. His brothers been frantically running around the shed looking for him as they’ve never been apart since birth :( completely broke my heart...

Don’t know if the police would care...if I reported it...

I'm so sorry. I've been thinking of you and hoping for good news

Hi, yes I have a “human proof” lock on the shed now, but I suppose if someone really wanted to get in they could cut through it or take the door off the hinges. I might be getting a custom shed built with an attached aviary which might be more safe. Me and Nibbles are both feeling very depressed at the situation and I’ve temporarily taken the tunnel to the run out as I haven’t yet secured it from humans, will try and secure it completely to the ground and put locks on both openings before letting Nibbles out without supervision.

Back