• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I miss Jims so much

rachylou

Warren Veteran
My grief is really weird.
When Jims died in my arms part of me was relieved for him cause I knew he wouldnt be in pain anymore and part of me wanted to die with him, I had to try not to scream as the kids were in bed.
The days after he passed I think I kind of went into auto pilot or maybe denial maybe, I wondered why I wasn't crying and wanting to be dead like I thought I would be when I were to loose him, I felt guilty feeling like the amount of grief you feel was indicative of how you felt about that person/pet, then it changed and i started to sob for him every single night wishing I hadn't questioned my level of grief, crying myself to sleep, then there was one night here or there where I wouldn't cry.
But I just find things trigger me like trying to go into pets at home one day I just burst into tears in the car park and drove home in tears, I sometimes hear a sad song like over Christmas it was 'all I want for Christmas' I would sing the lyrics as 'all I want for christmas is Jims' I cried christmas day cause it wasn't right to be celebrating without him.
Now I randomly cry, like now I'm in tears and I said to Dan aren't you sad and he said 'well its sad yes but it's been a while now'
It could be 10 years and I will still miss him, time will not change that.

Last edited:
Grief can be hard to understand and process, but when I miss my late bunny, Spenser, I find so much comfort in being thankful for the huge difference he made to my life. I have another rabbit now, who I love very much and has become just as dear to me , but I will always have a special place in my heart for Spenser.

I think that is normal, it is so hard when you lose a pet you are so very close to, that sometimes autopilot gets you through some of it. And it’s normal to feel very up and down over a long time afterwards :cry: it is so hard. I hope you remember him in happy times too :love:
Thinking of you and sending hugs xx

Back