• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Barbering/ over grooming partner

Zigzag

Alpha Buck
I think Zigzag my male rabbit is over grooming/ barbering his new wife.. we’re getting her checked by the vet soon to double check whether it’s anything else.

She is going through a mould at the moment but has a couple of bald patches near her neck.

Does anyone have any tips on what to do please?

I’m giving them lots of varied hay and toys, and they have free range in our front room.

Thanks in advance :)

I've no experience of anything like this and so wouldn't know what to suggest. Have you actually observed Zigzag concentrating on the area where she has the fur loss? I'll be interested to know what the vet makes of it.

Hi both, thanks for your responses. I’ve noticed Zigzag grooming the area about twice when I’m around- so I may be completely wrong. I just can’t understand what it is. Her skin isn’t sore, thankfully.

There’s no flakiness or white flecks- we’ve looked at her fur under a microscope. I’ll update you all when we go to the vets.

Back