• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pancake the rabbit *update*

Yes I agree.
If they are saved successfully they are often better off than with uncaring owners :)

Yes - this exactly. The people who abandon pets in this mannor are nothing short of cowards - plain and simple. Dispicable cowards. I would much rather that they came to a decision about their pet and took the courage to go to a rehistered animal charity/blue cross/rspca centre and at least hand the pet over with dignaty and respect and give the pet at least half a fighting chance than to leave it in the elements where it is frightened and vulnerable. It breaks my heart and makes me so upset when I read stories like this, and Pancake is such a beautiful young bunny. The positive is that she will find a new forever home - I can't see her spending too long in recure - she is beautiful.

The problem is though, when/if people ring a Rescue saying they can no longer keep a rabbit, there sometimes is no space. The Rescue might have a waiting list but sometimes people can't wait.

The problem is though, when/if people ring a Rescue saying they can no longer keep a rabbit, there sometimes is no space. The Rescue might have a waiting list but sometimes people can't wait.
Yea definitely :( it's not that easy to surrender a rabbit always I don't think!

I guess there's always pets at home?

Or in a lot of cases, won't wait :evil:

Yes - this exactly. The people who abandon pets in this mannor are nothing short of cowards - plain and simple. Dispicable cowards. I would much rather that they came to a decision about their pet and took the courage to go to a rehistered animal charity/blue cross/rspca centre and at least hand the pet over with dignaty and respect and give the pet at least half a fighting chance than to leave it in the elements where it is frightened and vulnerable. It breaks my heart and makes me so upset when I read stories like this, and Pancake is such a beautiful young bunny. The positive is that she will find a new forever home - I can't see her spending too long in recure - she is beautiful.

I agree with you.

For me this case falls into the same category as the man who threw his two rabbits into the grass and drove off.

Sheer cowardice. If a rescue won't take those living beings that you have a responsibility to look after since you decided to 'acquire' them, then you should feed and water and look after them until you can find a solution.

I agree with you.

For me this case falls into the same category as the man who threw his two rabbits into the grass and drove off.

Sheer cowardice. If a rescue won't take those living beings that you have a responsibility to look after since you decided to 'acquire' them, then you should feed and water and look after them until you can find a solution.

Precisely. It's about accepting responsibility. And that starts with the aquirement of said pet. And if over time that burdon becomes too great, then a realisation that help is needed. 30 years ago, pre internet, it 'might' have been more difficult to locate a rescue centre or volunteer. But today, most people have phones that can get to the internet and google. Even phone up your local vets if you can't find a suitable rescue. But for pittys sake, please don't just put an unwanted pet in a carrier bag and dump it. Ooooh - it makes my blood boil it really does. Few things get me as riled as this does. Sorry - rant over.

Precisely. It's about accepting responsibility. And that starts with the aquirement of said pet. And if over time that burdon becomes too great, then a realisation that help is needed. 30 years ago, pre internet, it 'might' have been more difficult to locate a rescue centre or volunteer. But today, most people have phones that can get to the internet and google. Even phone up your local vets if you can't find a suitable rescue. But for pittys sake, please don't just put an unwanted pet in a carrier bag and dump it. Ooooh - it makes my blood boil it really does. Few things get me as riled as this does. Sorry - rant over.

Rant away. Yes, there's enough info on the net that I don't excuse people from dumping a living being.

How can people do these horrible things?!
I see so many terrible posts and petitions to help animals and I just don’t understand how such evil can be in a person. Then as always even if people are caught they just get a slap on the wrist and a fine that anyone could pay off :-( I don’t know how no changes have been made to protect animals better, it breaks my heart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Rescues have waiting lists, but if the rabbit isn't being looked after, it could die while waiting. Parents will not take responsibility when they bought the pet for a child who gets fed up. It's wrong but I have come across it a few times. Parents shouldn't put the onus on their child.

Back