• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When can I relax a little?

Bellatrix15

Warren Scout
I have 6 of the rescue bunnies left and I am still being incredibly careful with changing my clothes, footwear and sanitising my hands after being with the rescue bunnies and before Bellatrix. This makes it more hard work and sometimes means I can't spend as much time as I'd like with either of them. Do you think there would be a time when I know that the rescue bunnies don't have anything and I can be less paranoid? They've showed no signs and I have had them for over 2 weeks now? 2 of the babies are getting vaccinated next week.

Personally I think you should be fine. If they had anything it would have shown up by now surely. xx

2 weeks should be long enough, assuming yours is vaccinated. I would keep up some level of extra biosecurity, but downgrade a level - disinfect regularly, don't share equipment, wash hands between handling. The unvaccinated bunnies are still at risk, and there are other things like EC to be aware of and could be spread both ways - but you are pretty much on safe ground now.

Back