• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bathing a hamster

Graciee

Staff member
Don't freak out, I'm not dropping Lord Gussles into water, but I seriously need to groom/bathe off a weeks worth of dog ear drops off his fur.. Any tips?

He's a long haired syrian.. I'm thinking a warm, wet microfiber cloth then brushing it through... I just don't know how ima get it all out D:

Gawd... best of British to you! No, seriously, I'd do the same, if you really think you can, it would be the best way of doing it, I think.

Good luck! I’ve done similar with cotton wool pads when a gerbil got injured.

Thanks all, yea I don't think a cotton pad will be enough... [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Dreading it tbh

Gawd... best of British to you! No, seriously, I'd do the same, if you really think you can, it would be the best way of doing it, I think.
How can I fatten him up btw?

He has lost 10 grams in a week :(

He had porridge twice this week, and has a really varied diet and lots of mealworms.. I thought he was having too much tbh..

Boiled egg can help put weight on - I used to crack an egg into a cup, and stick it in the microwave. Good luck getting him clean!

Not sure if carrot helps put weight on a hammy the same as they do a bun but all my hamsters have loved a piece of raw carrot to gnaw on.

When Harold got really old I gave him porridge every night, as well as his other stuff (he had a small piece of cooked chicken or scrambled egg). I don't think there is much more fattening than oats.

Thanks everyone :) I'm going to attempt at cleaning him tonight, and I bought some digital kitchen scales yesterday so I can weigh him every week etc and keep track :D

Back