• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

travelling with Bear on public transport!

SREwaller

Young Bun
Hello everyone, I'm taking Bear up to the RVC on Friday for his first appointment. I need to take a train and a tube on the London Underground for this. Do you have any tips fro travelling with rabbits? I don't have a harness but I thought he might prefer being in his carrier anyways. It has a window at the front. Bear is a really good rabbit, but obviously I'm worried about the long trip and noises and other people. He won't have Onyx or Lily with him... Many thanks for your help!

51344627_2233754020279049_1303357875225100288_n.jpg

I have two buns that travel to the vets regularly who are easily stressed. I find it helps to cover the carrier. I use a fleece blanket folded in half and they are not half as stressed. It will also muffed some of the noise if it’s not to loud.

I hope the vet visit goes well for Bear

It will also keep body heat in to so Bear won’t get to cold. If I have to put them down ( which I absalutly hate doing) I tuck the blanket under the carrier as that will also have the same effect.

I always take bonded partners to the vets to reduce stress and reduce the risk of the bond breaking. I put lots of hay in the carrier, some of a favourite food/forage, and a water bottle :thumb: I would always have them in a carrier.

thank you @zoobec! I'll be sure to bring his favourite food and hay as well as some water. Im not sure I can take his partners with him because their carrier isn't big enough for 3 at a time :(

thank you @zoobec! I'll be sure to bring his favourite food and hay as well as some water. Im not sure I can take his partners with him because their carrier isn't big enough for 3 at a time :(

Not everyone does what I do, and I’m lucky as my vets are very close, and I can go by car. I do have a large carrier from when I had a group of 4 bunnies. If your rabbits have a good strong bond then hopefully they will accept him back fine :thumb:

Yes im sure he will be fine, he's been gone before and he won't be gone for more than 5 hours at most so it should be fine :) My usual vets are close too and Bear has alway been okay with the car (in fact he purrs and lies down lol) I've just never taken a rabbit on public transport and I was worried about it. Thank you for your help :love:

Back