• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Easiest rabbit veg to grow?

Bellatrix15

Warren Scout
What is the best and easiest veg to grow in raised planters? I need to make the planters myself so probably won't be sowing for another few weeks!

I've just planted a bunch of peas. Sowed them indoors and they are growing like weeds already! So I think they are a nice easy one. I'm a bit of a novice at this too so I'll also be interested to see what people suggest. :D

These can be sown directly into the raised beds- Sow very thinly in very shallow lines and just pick / thin them out as they grow:

Rocket
Radish and beetroot - for the leaves
Carrots

Anything from the cabbage family (kale, sprouts, broccoli, etc) - better to go in the centre of the bed and let them grow on. You can pick leaves etc as you need them / before they yellow and drop off at the bottom. You could start them off in standard plant pots so you give them a hgead start before transplanting them, and that way you won't grow too many at once, either.

Back