• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our Beautiful and Brave Wiggles

Jaypot

Mama Doe
Today, just after 2pm our beloved Wiggles went to the Rainbow Bridge – again, words cannot express how we feel :cry:

Wiggles had an abscess on her face and was operated on in April of this year, after a lot of wound management and taking her off the penicillin as it was making things worse, she made a wonderful recovery. During the operation her heart stopped and it was with the care and dedication of our vets that Wiggles was brought back from the brink.

Last week we noticed that Wiggles had another abscess or lump under her chin and spreading to her neck and windpipe – because she was eating well and drinking it was felt that it was best left until Wiggles started to show signs of slowing down with her eating and then have the abscess drained. We hoped against hope that she would get a further six months and maybe clear it altogether. Yesterday Sally our vet came and did all the VHD shots and we told her that we didn’t think that Wiggles would be alright over the weekend as the abscess was really growing and she was starting to slow down on her eating. Sally asked us to bring her in this morning and due to the fact that her heart had stopped last time she was only going to lightly sedate Wiggles with a whiff of gas and get the procedure over and done with.

Wiggles had loads of cuddles before she went to the vet this morning and I told her to be a very brave girl and come home and beat her boys up. I held her for the longest time and breathed her smell.

The procedure was carried out at 1pm and Sally usually rings us to go and collect them as she knows that they are better off at home. The abscess was pressing against her windpipe and her foodpipe – it was as swollen on the inside as out and Sally knew that if she had been left over the weekend that we would have found her collapsed due to lack of oxygen. Sally popped her on a heated pad under her bed under the vetbed in the carrier and popped her on her desk so that she could keep her close while doing her paperwork. Sally also knew that as well as Wiggle’s heart stopping last time when she came home she had become very cold and disorientated and that we had to nurse her for a long time – we kept her close to our chests to keep her warm and so that she could take comfort in our heartbeats.

Sally said that Wiggles was up and washing and she thought that a good sign – she was bright eyed and alert. The next thing she started to slow down and Sally asked the nurse to get everything ready as she was worried that something was going to happen. Everything was prepared and then Wiggles gasped a few times and collapsed – Sally did all she could to revive her but it was not to be. Our precious little girl has suffered heart failure :cry:

We think that Wiggles made the choice as she must have decided that she didn’t want to go through this again – maybe worse was to come.

Our Wiggles will be missed by all the buns as she was a pest, an imp and so very mischievious – the ones that will miss her the most will be Billy and Bobby who had been with her for a long time. Wiggles was only about 3 years old and would have been with us for 2 years next month.

We where blessed to have her as our little girl, we had the utmost joy from her as well as the biggest headaches as she was always up to something. We will miss her forever and will never forget the love and laughter that she gave us. We are so glad that she came home to us – we know, with our hands on hearts, that Wiggles was always happy and got everything that she wanted – you couldn’t not give her anything as she had the most appealing eyes.

We love you our little girl – we always will and we will never forget you. Kiss all our other Rainbow Babies for us darling – and let them know that we love and miss them with every beat of our hearts.

Run free our little one – run in the eternal sunshine and in the blink of an eye we will all be together again.

All our love Angel Wiggles – we miss you forever.

Love from Mummy, Daddy and the rest of the Hairy Mob

When Wiggles first came to us her front teeth where protruding up her nose :cry:

wendywiggles03.jpg

[/img]
wendywiggles251302.jpg

Jay and John, I am so deeply sorry and sending you huge hugs. Wiggles had the best of care and the most loving home in the world.

~ Binky free wee lass, take our love to the spirit buns ~

I'm so sorry to hear this sad news, the pictures of her are beautiful, thinking of you at this sad time...

Binky free Wiggles xx

With tears rolling down my cheeks, my sympathy goes out to you Jay and John, she surely was a beautiful girl who had the best of care with you to look after her and she will always remember that part of her mortal life. Run free in all that lovely clean air at Rainbow Bridge little one and go and say hello to my Charlie boy: he along with many others I am sure will hold your little paw!

So very sorry Jaypot, I found this really hard to read as it is so touching, the tears came before I had even got half way through. Wiggles will always be with you in heart and spirit. My heart goes out to you at this sad time, my thoughts are with you.

My heart goes out to you both at this sad time. What a beautiful and brave little bunny and how lucky she was to find the love and care that you gave to her and all your bunnies.

Binky free over the bridge wee one and if you see Mr Henry Higgins give him a nose rub from me.

So sorry Jay :(

Huge lump in my throat from reading your post - the love you feel for your buns is so evident and Wiggles was very lucky to have you as her mum. I'm sure she is already being mischevious at Rainbow Bridge.

I am so sorry Jay to hear about Wiggles. She was a lovely girl and you must try to think of all the loving you had together.

Thinking of you

wiggles!!!

OH dear jay...you really are going through it lately...how sad that you have lost your beautiful little girl. ...god bless wiggles run free with your friends love from shan & the "famous" shed rabbits.

:cry: grabs a tissue :cry:

My heart goes out to you and yours :cry: huggles

what a lucky bun to have yous in their lives :)

bronie

Back