• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Freddie's visit to the plum fairy

KarenM

Administrator
Staff member
Freddie was neutered on Tuesday; he escaped from his cage at the vets twice and was running round the cat ward like a crazy thing. He ended up being discharged early for being such a pain in the behind. [emoji23]

He has a medical vest on in case we need to stop him getting at the wound (my daughter felt it would be easier to do it while he was sedated rather than wrestle him into it later if needed [emoji23]). Some cats hate the vest and refuse to move but, if anything, Freddie seems to think it's given him super powers.

We were told he wouldn't be hungry and would be drowsy. Freddie obviously hadn't read the discharge sheet as he ate like a horse and was running about until early evening at which point he felt a 5 minute power nap would be sufficient to recharge his batteries!

He thankfully made up for it yesterday and slept all day. [emoji23][emoji23] Hopefully normal service will be resumed today.
eeb761eef2a76315ba54365733c59aa9.jpg

Ahhhh Freddie, this pic is priceless, he looks like he's wearing a turtleneck! :lol: Is he a Maine Coon? We have a rescue cat who is quite similar looking and we think he may be a Maine Coon cross.

Zoobec he makes me laugh all the time and, with some of the things he gets up to, you need a sense of humour.

Beapig, yes he's a Maine Coon.... and he says turtlenecks are in for Spring 2019! [emoji23]

Oh Freddie, you do make me smile :D I think you look very handsome in your turtleneck, and I love how you've coordinated it with the walls, clever boy :lol:

and I love how you've coordinated it with the walls, clever boy [emoji38]

Haha I said the same! The other walls in the room are a blueish grey so Freddie now completely matches the kitchen. [emoji23][emoji23]

Awesome, nothing like keeping the surgery on their toes!
[emoji23][emoji23] My daughter works there & she said people just kept calling for her to say he'd got out again. And the poor nurse who tried to feed him said she couldn't put the bowl down as he just swiped it off her through the bars. Oh the shame! [emoji23]

Oh Freddie! I can't believe you were expelled from the vet's for unruly behaviour!

Karen, did you have to make the walk of shame to the Principal's office? [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

[emoji23][emoji23] My daughter works there & she said people just kept calling for her to say he'd got out again. And the poor nurse who tried to feed him said she couldn't put the bowl down as he just swiped it off her through the bars. Oh the shame! [emoji23]

:lol: I just came back to have another look at him :love:

Oh Freddie! I can't believe you were expelled from the vet's for unruly behaviour!

Karen, did you have to make the walk of shame to the Principal's office? [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I'm sure they've put something on his record for future reference. [emoji23]

He'd seen a bird in the garden. I think he looks like he's wearing white fluffy MC Hammer pants. [emoji23]

Not only did poor Freddie lose his plums he also had the indignity of having to wear a red vest !

I mean a vest, what discerning Cat ever wants to be seen in a vest :roll:

Personally I think he needs to get a letter of complaint off to that Pesky Vet PDQ :lol:

Oh my - poor Freddie. Giving the vets hell and then having to wear a spandex red vest. I'm pleased he is recovering - and quickly. And he is a very handsome kitty.:love:

Oh heck, I'd have gone for the leopard print! :lol:

No worries Freds. It'll be easy to Houdini your way out of. You're a clever boy. ;) But let's wait till you've healed up and give your mum a break, eh?

Glad to hear he came through his op okay and that he's given a bit back to the nasty vets who stole his family jewels. :D

Back