• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone else have a manic groomer? [emoji38]

Graciee

Staff member
So when plucking Clementine like a chicken (don't panic this is what I call grooming my rex buns... [emoji38]) she goes nuts, she licks you to death, the bars, the floor the hay, Atticus when he decides to put his head in the way (crafty), anything near by she attacks with her tongue furiously [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] its cute, but like does anyone else's buns do this? My other three do not...

She does it when you pet her too, but not so furiously, it's the bum plucking she seems to enjoy? I assume she's enjoying it.... [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Harlequin will do this when laying on me and demanding strokes. My chest ( just above my top) gets licked like there’s no tomorow some times for over half an hour and when I put her down she will sit in front of me and thump her foot looking at me. She’s only just started being a cuddlier bun.

Harlequin will do this when laying on me and demanding strokes. My chest ( just above my top) gets licked like there’s no tomorow some times for over half an hour and when I put her down she will sit in front of me and thump her foot looking at me. She’s only just started being a cuddlier bun.

Awwwh that's so cute [emoji7]

Clementines tongue has a mind of its own I swear [emoji38] it's the longest, most active bunny tongue I've seen so far [emoji38]

If she gets spooked by any thing she hides under my chin but carry’s on with the licking :lol:

I know what you mean with the length. I some times expect Harlequines tongue to reach inside her ears and start cleaning lol

Tonight Brandi even found a trigar for ghe grooming but it’s not the only thing. She licked an ice lolly and harlequin started so then she waited for Harlequine to stop and she just stuck out her tongue and Harlequine started with the grooming again

My Stakki is a great licker and has been since day one. He even lets me put my finger right into his mouth and just gently chews it. Very gentle and sweet tempered.

Aboleth hates her bumskirt being plucked, but sometimes if it's really bad she'll tolerate it for a bit!

So when plucking Clementine like a chicken (don't panic this is what I call grooming my rex buns... [emoji38]) she goes nuts, she licks you to death, the bars, the floor the hay, Atticus when he decides to put his head in the way (crafty), anything near by she attacks with her tongue furiously [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] its cute, but like does anyone else's buns do this? My other three do not...

She does it when you pet her too, but not so furiously, it's the bum plucking she seems to enjoy? I assume she's enjoying it.... [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Haha :)

It's probably quite unusual to do it during plucking, which isn't something a lot of rabbits enjoy. But it's a great reflex action to use when you want to get a bun to groom another and make friends, as you've discovered with Atticus x

Haha :)

It's probably quite unusual to do it during plucking, which isn't something a lot of rabbits enjoy. But it's a great reflex action to use when you want to get a bun to groom another and make friends, as you've discovered with Atticus x
Yea she really enjoys being plucked, It's always her lower back skirt area, I kinda of stroke the area whilst I do it, she goes mad with her tongue and settles down [emoji38][emoji38] Atticus hates being plucked though, he'll only tolerate it for a bit [emoji38][emoji38]

Yea she really enjoys being plucked, It's always her lower back skirt area, I kinda of stroke the area whilst I do it, she goes mad with her tongue and settles down [emoji38][emoji38] Atticus hates being plucked though, he'll only tolerate it for a bit [emoji38][emoji38]

Plucking often works better than combing or brushing. When the new hair is coming through really short I am always careful with the comb for fear of scraping their skin.

Can I ask what you mean by plucking? Nearer of mine have started moulting yet

You can often see little tufts of hair coming out and so you give them a little tug and they come free. You can then gently tug at the rest of the hair, in very small batches, to see whether it's loose and ready to be shed.

Did I explain that to make sense? X

You can often see little tufts of hair coming out and so you give them a little tug and they come free. You can then gently tug at the rest of the hair, in very small batches, to see whether it's loose and ready to be shed.

Did I explain that to make sense? X
Yea exactly this.. You'll know it when you see it [emoji38] although my white buns who have normal bunny fur never got tufts... Only my rexes get tufts? I'm sure normally bunny fur can get them too, maybe it's just mine that don't [emoji38]

But yea you'll know.. And you just gently pull it and it comes away with no force, I call it plucking [emoji38] also rex fur you can't get a brush through anyway, they have the nicest but most annoying fur when it moults, it's really fine and gets everywhere [emoji38]

It makes sense and I’ll keep an eye out for it.
Harlequin just has lots of single hairs sticking up but when I run my hand over her nothing comes off on my hands

Back