• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RWAF silver / gold Rabbit Friendly Accreditation

I downloaded it here when I was working at my old practice and I was named rabbit advocate to try and become a silver practice - http://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/rabbit-vets/rwaf-vet-list-application/

I remember a separate rabbit waiting area and hospitalisation was a must (maybe just for gold) and questions about protocols such as anaesthesia, dental (conscious/what equipment) and must recommend both vaccines and neutering :)

I downloaded it here when I was working at my old practice and I was named rabbit advocate to try and become a silver practice - http://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/rabbit-vets/rwaf-vet-list-application/

I remember a separate rabbit waiting area and hospitalisation was a must (maybe just for gold) and questions about protocols such as anaesthesia, dental (conscious/what equipment) and must recommend both vaccines and neutering :)

That made for an interesting read. Thanks for posting the info x

Thank you Liz x

Hi! I’m a nurse at a Silver Rabbit Friendly practice. We had a lengthy questionnaire that asked us numbers of rabbits we neuter, anaesthetic protocols, anaesthetic monitoring equipment, OOHs, dental equipment, imaging equipment, analgesic protocols.

Also asked our protocols for guts stasis, pictures of waiting rooms/kennels.

And staff members relevant CPD records, further qualifications etc

It’s a long process!

Hi! I’m a nurse at a Silver Rabbit Friendly practice. We had a lengthy questionnaire that asked us numbers of rabbits we neuter, anaesthetic protocols, anaesthetic monitoring equipment, OOHs, dental equipment, imaging equipment, analgesic protocols.

It’s a long process!

thats all very re-assurring, thanks so much for your reply . Its clearly not to be sniffed at. I wonder what % of vets have accreditation?

It’s a long process!

That's really good to know. Quite rigorous :)

The vet we took Plumpkin to today had a gold star award and I could see why. Waiting room just for exotics, very well equipped and Sonya's knowledge of rabbits seriously next level.

Thank you for posting this infomation. I may have found a decent vet for Beauty and Harlequin which the old list didn’t show.

Back