• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gemma, one of my Previous Dogs- 1983 ~ 1998

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
She was about 13 in this photo :love:

t6pQTJl.jpg

Aww :love: she was gorgeous:love:

She was a lovely girl, despite being a total nightmare for the first year of her life. She literally ate our house :shock: Entirely my fault though, she was a Border Collie X from a working dog lineage. We were completely unprepared for her needs.

She was a lovely girl, despite being a total nightmare for the first year of her life. She literally ate our house :shock: Entirely my fault though, she was a Border Collie X from a working dog lineage. We were completely unprepared for her needs.
[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

I've never had a dog that has not tested me for the first year [emoji38] puppy blues are a real thing [emoji38] and puppies are a nightmare [emoji38][emoji38] Altho I've never owned smaller breeds or low energy ones (if they exist, idk[emoji38])

That's the worst bit about getting a pup for me, knowing I'll love it and do anything for it, but also feel like a complete failure and wanna get rid for at least 6 months - 1 year, [emoji38] and I've found that people don't understand this feeling.. So maybe it's just me..

She was gorgeous btw :) was she good with bunnies? :)

[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

I've never had a dog that has not tested me for the first year [emoji38] puppy blues are a real thing [emoji38] and puppies are a nightmare [emoji38][emoji38] Altho I've never owned smaller breeds or low energy ones (if they exist, idk[emoji38])

That's the worst bit about getting a pup for me, knowing I'll love it and do anything for it, but also feel like a complete failure and wanna get rid for at least 6 months - 1 year, [emoji38] and I've found that people don't understand this feeling.. So maybe it's just me..

She was gorgeous btw :) was she good with bunnies? :)

6aDeFjk.jpg

Graciee - totally agree about the puppy thing. So why do I keep fostering 4-6 month old lurchers, go through the horrible puppy stage, then let them go to a forever home when they are just about to grow out of it?

JJ - Love the pic of Beatrice & Gemma.

Graciee - totally agree about the puppy thing. So why do I keep fostering 4-6 month old lurchers, go through the horrible puppy stage, then let them go to a forever home when they are just about to grow out of it?

Because you just do! Fact! :love:

Gemma was lovely, Jane. :love:

I don't think people realise just how much exercise these intelligent dogs need: I had friends with one and it ended extremely sadly.

Yea I think a lot of first time dog owners get a shock, then feel awful! Like they hate their puppy or something [emoji38] I'm always saying to people, it passes, I know it doesn't feel like it.. And you won't believe me.. But it'll pass, and it'll all be worth it [emoji38]

Pups are a PITA [emoji38] I must be mad to be considering a maligator pup [emoji38]

Lurchers are such lovely dogs [emoji7][emoji7] but yea you get the worst bit [emoji38][emoji38] at least it means they'll probably be in their forever homes tho :)

Back