• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What to use for bedding?

What does everyone use as bedding?
I am in the process of litter training our new bun. Shes pretty switched on and does most of her business in the litter tray already but will wee on anything soft!
I have been lining her bed with a fleece blanket but she just keeps weeing on it, it smells and makes her smell.
I tried taking away the blanket and she then decided to sleep in her litter tray :?

Is poppy going to be a house bunny? My house buns have megazorb as substrate covered with loads of hay. They have vet bed covered in fleece in their "cuddle zones". Many buns do like a soft toilet. Mine are ok as long as the soft stuff is placed far enough away from the litter trays

I use woodpellet cat litter with hay on top. My bunnies wee on any soft fleecy material :roll:

Rabbits like to sleep in their litter tray, if you put newspaper or Cat wood pellets in the tray topped up with hay you will have a happy rabbit.

Back