• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fertiliser for rabbit grass?

Lisa1981

Mama Doe
As you can tell I’m not much of a gardener but over the last couple of weeks I have managed to grow some wheat grass for the rabbits :D and they love it :D

I was wondering if I can brew rabbit poop tea and use it on the grass which will be grown in large pots in the house. I tried looking up on google and came up with nothing :(

If not what would be a rabbit friendly ferterliser

No green thumbs in this house but Iv not managed to kill it yet which is an achievement for me :D

As you can tell I’m not much of a gardener but over the last couple of weeks I have managed to grow some wheat grass for the rabbits :D and they love it :D

I was wondering if I can brew rabbit poop tea and use it on the grass which will be grown in large pots in the house. I tried looking up on google and came up with nothing :(

If not what would be a rabbit friendly ferterliser

No green thumbs in this house but Iv not managed to kill it yet which is an achievement for me :D

Tbh I don't think you will need any fertiliser for the grass.

I've never made any rabbit poop tea, but if you want to make some, I would just soak the poop in water for a couple of weeks and then just pour it on. It certainly won't harm the rabbits.

rabbit poop is a great fertiliser, you could even just put it on the grass? I'm not sure, I'm no green thumb. what I do know though is that when ours were in the back yard, they pooped around the edges, and those edges were lovely and bright green grass, far better than the rest :lol: you could really tell where they pooped!!

Thanks.

I was just thinking that the grass would use up all the good stuff in the soil over time and as I plan on letting them have it then letting it regrow I thought would be worth trying to keep the soil healthy plus’s give the girls some nutreants in the process.

I wouldn't fertilise grass meant for rabbits to eat. It doesn't need it. Wheat grass will grow into wheat if left uncut. You may need to discard and re-sow it regularly to get the soft green growth, but they will probably eat the stalkier stuff anyway.

Rabbit poo could be crumbled and sprinkled on / raked into the soil.

I wouldn't fertilise grass meant for rabbits to eat. It doesn't need it. Wheat grass will grow into wheat if left uncut. You may need to discard and re-sow it regularly to get the soft green growth, but they will probably eat the stalkier stuff anyway.

Rabbit poo could be crumbled and sprinkled on / raked into the soil.

Thanks.

It seems to grow quiet quick. They just had the same tray back after 3 days as the tops had very slightly started to turn brown at the very top. I intend to grow a small tub for each and rotate so they have one each day. Once they are bonded il do bigger garden pots.

I will try crumbling in some of the poo befor each pot is sowed.

I have a couple of other types of grass to grow as well as the wheat so just see how it goes.

If hay isnt stalky they won’t eat it so it will probably be what they really like.

You don't add fertiliser to seed compost - the seed capsule provides all the nutrients for a seedling. It can make any growth too fast, or even burn the young growth. You only need to feed adult plants if they have limited nutrients and are in active growth (eg in a pot), or when fruiting / flowering as a crop.

You don't add fertiliser to seed compost - the seed capsule provides all the nutrients for a seedling. It can make any growth too fast, or even burn the young growth. You only need to feed adult plants if they have limited nutrients and are in active growth (eg in a pot), or when fruiting / flowering as a crop.

Oh ok. Now I’m just totally confused :lol: I think I’m going to need to buy a book about growing just to grow grass

Back