• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

2 buns getting fixed today !!!!!!

bunnymad

Warren Scout
Hi everyone

I took my new boy Sparkee in to see if hes old enough to get the snip on weds and they could do him today!! They also hope to have time to do Bugzee my first bun (girl)!!

I took all 3 buns with me as I wonted to let them see how much Shadow has improved in condition from when they fixed him and Bugzee for the ride:)

Will let you know how they are when I get the call from the vets to pick them up.

I`m hoping all goes well and I don`t loose one of my babies.

bronie

They both came throu :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I`m going soon to pick them both up.

Poor old Bugzee will be the worst off as shes female and Sparkee just needed 2 little snips.

I`m sure I`m going to have 2 very spoilt ops 3 spoilt buns for the next week or so:)

bronie

Wells they are home with us and Shadow.

I have bugzee in their house in the lounge and Sparkee free running in the lounge with Shadow.

Sparkee is hoping around and eating with Shadow being really nice to him:)

Bugzee I`m worried about. Shes all quite in her house not eating or drinking much so will be keeping a close eye on her throu the night.

I`m tempting her with danidlion, parsley and puha so I hope thats a winner for her at the mo:) I also have plenty of water, hay and pellets and other veggies and grass for her as well as Shadow and Sparkee to eat.

bronie

Glad to hear they are both ok.

I'm sure Bugzee will be fine.
Blueberry was quite groggy for a while after her spay, I kept her warm and offered her some of her fave greens. It did take her a day or so to start eating properly.

With the time difference you'll probably be reading this tomorrow!!

Monopoly was done last week, and it took till the next evening before she was eating properly again. She had the tiniest nibble of carrot, but not enough to keep me from worrying. Just keep checking to make sure she's warm enough, but the first 24-48 hours she's going to be very groggy, and as the pain medication wears off she's going to be getting sore too.

:D Bugzee had a good night. She had greens for dinner and a big drink when I took the water to her :D

She has had some hay and water this morning which is great. She has also moved around and got onto her hind feet :) I will be keeping up her fav foods.

Sparkee is doing great as if nothing has happened :D

I feel so mean taking them in for the ops, but its for their health that I did it.

My kids are not happy with me getting Bugzee done and saying it my fault shes sore :cry: But she will be fine soon :)

bronie

I will be off line for a bit as I have to travel today with the buns of course:) and will be back tomorrow.

We will be traveling slow and stopping often but I`m ok with them traveling as they are all car trained :D thank goodness :!: :!:

Will give everyone a up-date as soon as we get back home :)

That is great news Bronie, I am so pleased your darlings are fine..I have this to face with two of my Bucks next Tuesday, so I know how you must have felt before they went to the Vets.
Alls well that ends well though :D

your boys will be fine :) Sparkee is doing really well after his snip. Its no way near as major as it is for girls.

Sparks is bouncing around and eating as if nothing has happened. But I still was a crumble when they were at the vets :!:

Huggles and best wishes for tues.

bronie

Back