• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dennis doddery tunnel incident

loobers25

Warren Veteran
Cleaning the bunnies out and they get too excited and run around investigating. Dennis was running back and forth his run around tunnel and then all of a sudden it went quiet. I peeped in and I saw Dennis stuck on his back with his poor little feetsies in the air. Unfortunately he was right in the middle so couldn't reach - I gently tipped the tunnel up and slid him out :( He was a bit shocked but then wanted to go back through the tunnel at least four more times which he did successfully. He is eating hay and just pooped so he's ok. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and should I take the tunnel away :( I'm not sure they go in it that much whilst I am at work but imagine if he got stuck like that and I wasn't here :(

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I decided to take the tunnel away and used the trailer to make a walkway and filled it with hay. They are enjoying this as they can make hay tunnels. It's such a shame the runaround will only be used for supervised times now
72bbab33d7298443eb2d9c2b99646885.jpg
6d8a52f98ec2aaa87047d9d12aaddb31.jpg

they are lovely photos. Mousey did the same in Boo's tunnel. Next we tried with material in it for traction but she did it again. I though it might have been Mouseys EC that set it off but maybe its the dodderyness like you say

they are lovely photos. Mousey did the same in Boo's tunnel. Next we tried with material in it for traction but she did it again. I though it might have been Mouseys EC that set it off but maybe its the dodderyness like you say
Really. Was this recently? I thought about putting hay in there but then I thought I don't want to encourage him with a hay project then get stuck. It's got to be a doddery thing

Is Mouseypie spritely because Dennis Is. His hips can't let him so the things he wants though. I have second vaccinations tomorrow so might ask John's opinion on this

Is Mouseypie spritely because Dennis Is. His hips can't let him so the things he wants though. I have second vaccinations tomorrow so might ask John's opinion on this

Do please ask Johns opinion! I wanted to go in to Mousey at her RHVD2 health check but with 3 bunnies, discussions about number 4, complicated Boo & Joey going all dental I didn't feel we had enough time. I don't know how to describe Mouseys movement. Asked Bob : he came up with lumbering. She is fast though. Sometimes one leg is a bit slower than the other to catch up. She loves her massages & joint tabs . I think both help

The tunnel was after a couple of weeks I think. Boo still gets to use it though cos she explores places Mousey won't. I can imagine I'd get a bit disorientated if I fell over in a long tunnel like that

Do please ask Johns opinion! I wanted to go in to Mousey at her RHVD2 health check but with 3 bunnies, discussions about number 4, complicated Boo & Joey going all dental I didn't feel we had enough time. I don't know how to describe Mouseys movement. Asked Bob : he came up with lumbering. She is fast though. Sometimes one leg is a bit slower than the other to catch up. She loves her massages & joint tabs . I think both help

The tunnel was after a couple of weeks I think. Boo still gets to use it though cos she explores places Mousey won't. I can imagine I'd get a bit disorientated if I fell over in a long tunnel like that
Ok i will ask and report back to base. I'd imagine that doddery and lumbery are the same thing :D she sounds just like Hoppington

Oh Loobers - I am sorry to read this. Sorry - only just catching up with things.
I hope Dennis is ok and not in any way injured from this mishap. He is gorgeous - as is Syrup.
And please - we can never have too many photos of what is an absolultely gorgeous stunning layout for your rabbits. I love your photos and how much stimulation and love that they live with. I guess all you can do is to adpat the environment to accommodate Dennis' hip problem and remove any potential problems?
Sorry I'm not more help but sending vibes for Dennis and Lillian sends him a nose rub.

Oh Loobers - I am sorry to read this. Sorry - only just catching up with things.
I hope Dennis is ok and not in any way injured from this mishap. He is gorgeous - as is Syrup.
And please - we can never have too many photos of what is an absolultely gorgeous stunning layout for your rabbits. I love your photos and how much stimulation and love that they live with. I guess all you can do is to adpat the environment to accommodate Dennis' hip problem and remove any potential problems?
Sorry I'm not more help but sending vibes for Dennis and Lillian sends him a nose rub.
It have me such a fright. He was like a little upside tortoise with his feetsies in the air :( no more tunnel fun

Poor Denny :( I'm sure I would do the same as you and restrict it to when you can supervise. I don't think it's worth the worry.

Completely agree with Craig re. the photos.

Oh Dennis! What are you doing scaring the hoomans like that?!

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

I’m sorry he got stuck :cry: I think you have done the right thing taking it away, they are still very lucky bunnies to have all the rest of the lovely things they have :love:

Lovely photos:love:

So I didn't ask about Dennis as Syrup was mega stressed out - just had injection and ran. Will email him in a few days if you have any specific questions

Hope Syrup is ok after her injection. Sending calming vibes for her (and you!) and hope Dennis is making sure Syrup is ok and looking after her.

Hope Syrup is ok after her injection. Sending calming vibes for her (and you!) and hope Dennis is making sure Syrup is ok and looking after her.
Syrup is ok and has forgiven me already. Thank you for remembering my Cakeyness

Back