• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pebbles, Flopsy and Zippy

Rhianna

Wise Old Thumper
Sadly Zippy has not bonded with Pebbles and Flopsy - he just kept fighting them. They were in a tiny pen in my bedroom that I had to divide in two when I went to work and they were becoming depressed at the lack of space - and keeping me awake overnight. I have now moved them outside and divided their hutch and run into two which is far from ideal but all I could think of for now. It is due to get really cold soon and if I kept them inside for much longer I wouldn't have been able to move them out again.

I am hoping they will eventually bond but, for now, Zippy can see other bunnies and so is not entirely on his own. They don't have the whole run area to play in as I didn't have enough puppy panels to divide it in two, but they have a good sized area and I have put tunnels in for play. Flopsy has started digging a hole in the corner. It is the area where my study meets my neighbour's new extension so is fully bricked but I don't want her digging under the foundations of the house so have covered the area with something heavy she cannot move.

Will start a new thread for advice about a digging box for her.

I really, really wanted a lop bunny this time but fell in love with Pebbles and Flopsy. Flopsy has helicopter ears so I have half what I wanted :):):)

I’m sorry the bond didn’t work this time, hopefully they will bond in future as you say. If not, would you be able to adopt somebunny else for Zippy to be with?

I’m sorry the bond didn’t work this time, hopefully they will bond in future as you say. If not, would you be able to adopt somebunny else for Zippy to be with?

My concern would be that he wouldn't accept another new bun. I've had a new cover put over their run and it is a lovely big space for them. Dividing it in two is far from ideal. I do have another hutch but it wouldn't fit through the gate and is too heavy to lift over the fencing so I have had to divide the hutch in two too. They are never shut in it, it is just a base with their litter trays in.

If Zippy wouldn't accept a third bun I would then be really stuck accommodation wise if Pebbles and Flopsy rejected the newcomer too.

Having said that, if somebun suitable came up in rescue I would consider adoption.

Back