• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can I have vibes for Fudgie

Hi all

Fudgie has been admitted at the vet hospital with stasis and any spare vibes would be very much appreciated.

Went to bed last night and she was absolutely fine, eating and pooping normally. Woke up this morning and there was something off about her. Wasn't interested in her breakfast herbs. Now, that's not unusual for Fudgie. She seems to prefer hay over everything else so i expected it wouldn't be long before she jumped in her litter tray and start eating. When she's had gut stasis episodes before she's been very restless and stomach pressed a lot. She wasn't doing any of that but I still felt she wasn't right. She was lying stretched out when normally she would be running around.

Anyway I took her to the vet. They did have an appointment at 3.30 but I didn't want to wait that long. Unfortunately it was very busy as they had other emergencies in. Luckily she was triaged straightaway and started on treatment. I had to wait an awfully long time to speak to the vet. They're keeping her in as her temperature is quite low, as well as her blood glucose. There are some gut sounds, though slower than they should be. She's not too dehydrated but they will out her on a drip. Unfortunately because this happened overnight I don't know when it started and therefore how long she went without eating.

So she's at the hospital now, they're going to syringe feed her and give her all the medication she needs. The vet said she will ring me later with an update.

Normally I'm able to act very quickly when something's wrong. As soon as she starts the tummy pressing and restlessness I whip her up the vet's very quickly so there's always been a rapid turnaround with recovery. I'm just very anxious about the low temperature and blood glucose and the fact she may have gone several hours without eating [emoji853]

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Thanks very much Glingle.

One thing I forgot to mention. I noticed a couple of wee spots near where she had been sitting. I checked her underneath and she was dry. But I think she could possibly have a UTI, which could be the cause of the stasis. I mentioned it to the vet so we will need to discuss treatment for that.

Poor Fudgie :( I'm really sorry to read that she's in hospital with Stasis. What a worry rabbits can be and things like this can just develop out of nowhere.

Sending her lots of get well soon vibes. And also sending you loads of hugs. I hope you get some positive news from the vet soon.

A million vibes for Fudgearoo. You still caught it really early & that will work in her favour. I hope your vets can work out whats ailing her & get treatment sorted xx

Thinking of you and Fudgie (what a lovely name, by the way). Hoping she perks up very soon xx

Poor Fudgie. Sending millions of vibes for Fudgie and hugs for you. You acted as quick as you could and luckily Fudgie got triaged quickly and straight onto meds.
I hope that Fudgie starts to respond soon.
xx

Thank you all so much for the vibes, I really appreciate it. xx

I've just spoken to the vet. Good news is that her temperature has gone back to normal, she's taken the syringe feeds well and her demeanour is quite bright. She's been hopping around her cage and thumping quite a lot.

Not so good news is that she hasn't pooed or done any wees and she's not eating for herself yet. No more signs of spot weeing but they will try and get a urine sample to test for any infection. They also had a look at her teeth and disappointly there are some small spurs, although they don't appear to be causing any ulceration in her mouth. I can't believe it. She's such a good hay eater, how can her teeth have developed spurs!? So hopefully if she recovers we'll have to look at getting a dental done sooner rather than later.

So the upshot is that they are going to keep her in overnight and I'll need to phone in the morning for an update.

Thanks once again everyone for the vibes and well wishes xx

Thank you all so much for the vibes, I really appreciate it. xx

I've just spoken to the vet. Good news is that her temperature has gone back to normal, she's taken the syringe feeds well and her demeanour is quite bright. She's been hopping around her cage and thumping quite a lot.

Not so good news is that she hasn't pooed or done any wees and she's not eating for herself yet. No more signs of spot weeing but they will try and get a urine sample to test for any infection. They also had a look at her teeth and disappointly there are some small spurs, although they don't appear to be causing any ulceration in her mouth. I can't believe it. She's such a good hay eater, how can her teeth have developed spurs!? So hopefully if she recovers we'll have to look at getting a dental done sooner rather than later.

So the upshot is that they are going to keep her in overnight and I'll need to phone in the morning for an update.

Thanks once again everyone for the vibes and well wishes xx

Im glad that she is bright in herself. Frosty is a hay eating machine but unfortunately he gets spurs too. The ulcers he had on the sides of his tongue last time he needed a dental were not visible until he was under anaesthetic.

Sending lots more vibes and I hope there’s a good update in the morning.

:( I am upset to hear Fudgie is in stasis. Don't be blame yourself - hoomans do need to sleep for 8 hours! Although she hasn't pooped yet it is sounding positive. Have you had any storms your way? We have and it makes Syrup upset. Would Fudgie be sensitive to needing a dental? Millions and trillions of vibes. Is snoopy there too? Xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Also about the wee wee spots - when my buns had stasis they used to leave leaky wee spots so it may not be UTI perhaps just something stasis does

:( I am upset to hear Fudgie is in stasis. Don't be blame yourself - hoomans do need to sleep for 8 hours! Although she hasn't pooped yet it is sounding positive. Have you had any storms your way? We have and it makes Syrup upset. Would Fudgie be sensitive to needing a dental? Millions and trillions of vibes. Is snoopy there too? Xx

Thanks Loobers. I know you're right. It's rotten timing that it happened overnight but it's one of those things you can't really do anything about. Actually we have had a lot of high winds for the past couple of days. She's quite skittish and startles easily so that might have set her off.

I've kept Snoopy at home. The hospital want to keep her on her own so they can monitor any output and try and get that wee sample. To be honest I'm happy to go along with that as Snoopy gets incredibly stressed at being taken to the vet and I don't want to run the risk of him getting sick as well. She has stayed at the hospital overnight on her own before and it didn't seem to affect their bond.

Sending loads more vibes for Fudgie. I hope you get some positive news in the morning.

Back