• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Outside bunnies coats

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
Now new bun Rudey will let me adore him with strokes I am very taken with how soft & dense his fur is. Its very glossy, thick but seems shorter than even Joeys. Is this an outside bun thing or characteristics associated with whatever breeds are in him? Its weird getting used to another bunny shape after 4 years. He feels "compact", he has the smallest feet too - I hope he doesn't give the girls a complex

Now new bun Rudey will let me adore him with strokes I am very taken with how soft & dense his fur is. Its very glossy, thick but seems shorter than even Joeys. Is this an outside bun thing or characteristics associated with whatever breeds are in him? Its weird getting used to another bunny shape after 4 years. He feels "compact", he has the smallest feet too - I hope he doesn't give the girls a complex

I think it’s more associated with the breed type. Frosty’s fur is very short, fine and very dense, it has a soft fluffy feel to it he is a very diddy bunny - he’s at his top weight now of 1.3kg and he’s got a short rounded body. Fern’s fur is much longer, silkier and shinier, she was an outside bunny (in a hutch inside a shed at the rescue) but hasn’t yet moulted. She is much longer bodied, slimmer and pure muscle. She weighs in at 2kg at the moment, she’s 6 months old approximately. They both feel very different to pick up and hold.

I think it’s more associated with the breed type. Frosty’s fur is very short, fine and very dense, it has a soft fluffy feel to it he is a very diddy bunny - he’s at his top weight now of 1.3kg and he’s got a short rounded body. Fern’s fur is much longer, silkier and shinier, she was an outside bunny (in a hutch inside a shed at the rescue) but hasn’t yet moulted. She is much longer bodied, slimmer and pure muscle. She weighs in at 2kg at the moment, she’s 6 months old approximately. They both feel very different to pick up and hold.

Good - I'm glad his fur is likely to stay as is. frostys so small, imaging how Diddy he would look without that fur! thanks ZB

'ang on, back the truck up..........'New Bunny' ??????

How have I missed this, I must be more ill than I thought :shock:

Rudey isn't a Rex/Rex X is he ?

Some do :) Short curly ones that may not be visible but can be felt in their dense fur. Depends on the specific gene mutation that creates the Rex coat x
Yea that's true, I've seen small curly ones before, Atticus has a little one, but compared to normal buns.. They noticeably don't have any [emoji38]

Slightly off subject but the first wife we bonded Joey too only had one eye. One day Joey decided to chew off all the whiskers on one side of her face. He wouldn't tell me why but how weird?

Slightly off subject but the first wife we bonded Joey too only had one eye. One day Joey decided to chew off all the whiskers on one side of her face. He wouldn't tell me why but how weird?
That's so weird [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] I have no guesses why [emoji38]

yea my rexes have whiskers but some are longer than others!! Snoopy's curled over many times, a bit like afro hair, so you could hardly see them. Luna's are he longest i've had, they curl a bit but they're probably about and inch long. Orion's curl back into his face :lol:

I imagine it might be his breed, he looks stunning anyhow.

yea my rexes have whiskers but some are longer than others!! Snoopy's curled over many times, a bit like afro hair, so you could hardly see them. Luna's are he longest i've had, they curl a bit but they're probably about and inch long. Orion's curl back into his face :lol:

Thank You x

Good - I'm glad his fur is likely to stay as is. frostys so small, imaging how Diddy he would look without that fur! thanks ZB

Frosty is moulting so much atm it seems like he won’t have any fur left soon :lol:

Frosty is moulting so much atm it seems like he won’t have any fur left soon :lol:
We used to wash Charlie when he got poo stuck to his back end: basically dunked him in a garden pot saucer of warm water! He didn't enjoy it, and he looked like a tiny deer afterwards! Such skinny little legs :D We never did his body, but he looked a bit like a rock with legs, a round Nethie body on stilts!

Aboleth and Lopsy have totally different fur, and I can't really notice the difference summer-winter in feel, but Aboleth's face shape totally changes. It's much pointier in Summer, and I prefer her Winter look!

yea my rexes have whiskers but some are longer than others!! Snoopy's curled over many times, a bit like afro hair, so you could hardly see them. Luna's are he longest i've had, they curl a bit but they're probably about and inch long. Orion's curl back into his face [emoji38]

That's interesting!

Yes I think it varies, but compared to normal buns which seem to have a million whiskers... I'm always surprised [emoji38]

Atticus has one long one on one side and I think it makes him look wise [emoji38]

Back