• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone had a flemish giant?

Graciee

Staff member
Just curious, I loves them [emoji7] altho they don't seem to be easy to get? [emoji38]

Just curious, I loves them [emoji7] altho they don't seem to be easy to get? [emoji38]

Yes :)

Zvjev1j.jpg

Last edited:
Another bunny ;)
Oh no, not now [emoji38]

Just when I look at a breed I also look at if they're actually available etc whereas I can only see continental bunnies which are apparently descendants of the flemish giant, but not as big. Basically I like researching breeds and the history [emoji38]

But I will admit one day I wouldn't mind having one, I am definitely a big bun person, rather than a small [emoji38]

Oh no, not now [emoji38]

Just when I look at a breed I also look at if they're actually available etc whereas I can only see continental bunnies which are apparently descendants of the flemish giant, but not as big. Basically I like researching breeds and the history [emoji38]

But I will admit one day I wouldn't mind having one, I am definitely a big bun person, rather than a small [emoji38]

Despite being a Nethie yourself?
(sorry, couldn't resist :lol:)

Ah I haven't see any in white! She's gorgeous!

Was it tricky having such a large bunny?

I'm guessing they'd need extra room compared to a average sized bun [emoji38]

Yes, if indoors then as free range HB or as near to that as possible. If outdoors then a super sized dog kennel or a shed + aviary set up. IMO no Giant breed Rabbits should ever be kept in a hutch.

Yes, if indoors then as free range HB or as near to that as possible. If outdoors then a super sized dog kennel or a shed + aviary set up. IMO no Giant breed Rabbits should ever be kept in a hutch.
Yea I mean I doubt anyone would make a hutch they'd be able to use tbh.. [emoji38]

Imagine a bonded pair.. Getting them both to the vets would be such a task [emoji38] maybe you'd get them a smaller friend.. Idek also you'd have to probably buy a dog carrier [emoji38]

Yea I mean I doubt anyone would make a hutch they'd be able to use tbh.. [emoji38]

Imagine a bonded pair.. Getting them both to the vets would be such a task [emoji38] maybe you'd get them a smaller friend.. Idek also you'd have to probably buy a dog carrier [emoji38]

When Libby was Rescued she was being housed under a decrepit hutch with her 10 siblings :cry: Hence she arrived here in this state

U4oIcJ4.jpg

My bunnies always take the bus to the vets, I'd never manage it with two giants!

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

When Libby was Rescued she was being housed under a decrepit hutch with her 10 siblings :cry: Hence she arrived here in this state

U4oIcJ4.jpg
Oh my :( poor baby :( that's so awful, Idk how you can get things so so wrong! I'm so glad she ended up with you and could heal :(

My bunnies always take the bus to the vets, I'd never manage it with two giants!

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Reminds me of when I was like 14, my German shepherd hurt her paw, and I didn't know what to do, so I rang my mum and said I wanted to go to the vet, she was at work but said get them to call me for payment after, so I took my dog on the bus but she couldn't really walk so I was trying to carry her (not easy), anyway I was sat on the bus with a huge German shepherd on my lap, and everyone was like walking past me like I was holding a lion [emoji38] poor baby was whimpering a bit too, because really she was a big baby. I must have looked so ridiculous though [emoji38] thankfully my mum had finished so picked us up afterwards [emoji38]

Just imagining trying to get down the busy bus with a huge carrier [emoji38] my buns together are heavy enough [emoji38]

Back