• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes for Pip Pip please

Mervinius

Mama Doe
Got home this afternoon to find pip pip has a gassy tummy and won't eat. She's been pulling her fur out and moulting alot so I'm sure that is the reason. We've been trying to groom her as much as possible, but we can't stop the fur pulling..

I've tried to get her moving, and tempting her with all her favourites, but nothings working.

We haven't had this since 2017 so I guessing all the medicine I have will be out if date?

Got home this afternoon to find pip pip has a gassy tummy and won't eat. She's been pulling her fur out and moulting alot so I'm sure that is the reason. We've been trying to groom her as much as possible, but we can't stop the fur pulling..

I've tried to get her moving, and tempting her with all her favourites, but nothings working.

We haven't had this since 2017 so I guessing all the medicine I have will be out if date?

Poor Pip :cry: Personally I would not administer any medication until she has been examined by a Vet to rule out any chance of an obstruction. Giving prokinetics to a Bunny with a GI tract obstruction would make things worse.

Has she poo'd ? What comes out being as important as what is going in. If I were you I'd contact the Vet and make an appointment for Pip to be seen this afternoon.

Sending vibes xx

Sending lots of vibes for Pip. I would think the meds are out of date and I wouldn’t give anything anyway until the vet has examined her and excluded any blockage. I’d get her to the vet ASAP personally.

Oh dear so very sorry to hear this :cry:

Loads of vibes for the beautiful Pip x

Thanks everyone. She's back home and hiding in her hidey house.

Passed all health checks and weight is good. So she thinks the same as me, gas from too much fur ingestion. She has some gut sounds, which is good.

Shes had a metacam injection and I've got Zantac to give her to get things moving..

She also suggesting giving Pip fibreplex paste when she's pulling her fur. Has anyone tried this?

Hoping I can get her eating once she leaves the hidey house.

Sending lots of vibes for Pip and I'm pleased that she's been seen by the vet. Hopefully with the medication she'll soon feel a lot better.

Thanks everyone. She's back home and hiding in her hidey house.

Passed all health checks and weight is good. So she thinks the same as me, gas from too much fur ingestion. She has some gut sounds, which is good.

Shes had a metacam injection and I've got Zantac to give her to get things moving..

She also suggesting giving Pip fibreplex paste when she's pulling her fur. Has anyone tried this?

Hoping I can get her eating once she leaves the hidey house.

I'm glad to hear this - relief!

Regards the Fibreplex, yes I always keep some in stock and have used it. It's a like it or hate it with bunnies I find :)

Have you to do any syringe feeding?

I'm glad to hear this - relief!

Regards the Fibreplex, yes I always keep some in stock and have used it. It's a like it or hate it with bunnies I find :)

Have you to do any syringe feeding?

Yeah. I said I bet Pip will hate it. She's very fussy with food and medicine. But I can get some and try it.

No syringe feeding needed at the moment. We're hoping she'll start eating soon. Vet us open til 8pm so I can ring back for more advice.

She out if her hiding house and snoozing I think.

:( poor Pippy :( is she drinking plenty still? x
Nope. She's just snoozing at the mo. I don't want to stress her anymore. I'm going to give her a bit longer because she looks comfy now. Then try with more yummies. Daddy will be home soon and he's very good at getting her to eat.

Lady pip! I'm sorry to see this :( Every poop vibe I have for your little lady. Keep up the noms xxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Hope PipPip gets back to normal soon. Have you any grass you can pick for her also wet veg would be good as it helps with the fluid intake.

Back