• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes for Boo

weedug

Mama Doe
Little Boo took unwell yesterday, refusing to eat and shivering. She went straight to the vet and was admitted for the day with no gut sounds and tenderness in her abdomen. The gut sounds returned after she had strong pain relief, but she didn’t poop and was eating only a little hay.

She was sent home last night with gut sounds and more comfortable, to see if she would continue to pick up overnight.

Unfortunately this morning she seems worse than yesterday. She is just lying in her box and didn’t move when I went to check her. She has the vet this morning at 9. The plan was to do bloods and X-rays if she hadn’t picked up.

If anyone has any spare vibes they would be much appreciated. I’m really worried about her.

Sending loads of Get Well soon wishes.

Hope the vet visit goes well xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear little Boo is unwell, sending lots of vibes for her. Hope vets visit goes well xxxx

Little Boo took unwell yesterday, refusing to eat and shivering. She went straight to the vet and was admitted for the day with no gut sounds and tenderness in her abdomen. The gut sounds returned after she had strong pain relief, but she didn’t poop and was eating only a little hay.

She was sent home last night with gut sounds and more comfortable, to see if she would continue to pick up overnight.

Unfortunately this morning she seems worse than yesterday. She is just lying in her box and didn’t move when I went to check her. She has the vet this morning at 9. The plan was to do bloods and X-rays if she hadn’t picked up.

If anyone has any spare vibes they would be much appreciated. I’m really worried about her.

Poor Boo :cry: Sending lots of get well soon vibes xx

Thank you for all the vibes. Boo has been admitted again for diagnostics. Depending on the outcome of them and how she reacts today, she might be getting referred to D1ck vet.

Thank you for all the vibes. Boo has been admitted again for diagnostics. Depending on the outcome of them and how she reacts today, she might be getting referred to D1ck vet.

Oh no poor Boo.

Hope all goes well x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really hope the problem is not too serious, sending lots more vibes xx

Sending loads of vibes for Boo x

Thank you for all the vibes. The vet phoned just as I got out my hospital appointment. Boo is eating on her own but hasn’t pooped, and has pulled out the line for fluid every time it gets put in so she is getting subcutaneous fluids just now. They have done a conscious X-ray, which didn’t show up anything, and they didn’t mention the bloods. The vet said she wants to continue monitoring Boo until mid afternoon to before she decides whether D1ck vets will be needed.

Oh bless. lets hope her eating volunrtarily is a good sign she is feeling better. Get well soon Boo Boo xx

Back