• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit for Free

tonibun

Wise Old Thumper
Suddenly there are a few posts coming on the local site with Rabbits for free. There were 2 last week, coming with 2 hutches, 2 indoor cages and a load of other things, and the rabbits were gorgeous. But free! How can they do this. I rang half an hour after the ad had appeared and they had gone! Gone where? I wasn't interested in the hutches or cages, just wanted to know that the bunnies were in safe hands. I am in dialogue with a young girl who has a 7/8 yr old bunny who needs a new home as she is going to Uni. She isn't going to be there until Tuesday so hopefully he will be coming here. He is neutered so he might pair off with Blue or my 2 sisters, eventually when he is settled.

It's worrying when this happens :( I hope it all works out with speaking to the owner of the little one on Tuesday.

It can be worth persuading people to part with their rabbit accommodation as well in order to discourage them from filling it with more rabbits a few months later.

It's worrying when this happens :( I hope it all works out with speaking to the owner of the little one on Tuesday.

I picked bunny up on the Wednesday, a week ago, froma lovely young lady. She had had him for 7 years, he was a rescue rabbit and they thought he was 1 or 2 years old, which makes him 8 or 9. He does look older, older than my 10.5 Dusty. He is settling in, she said she thought he had been lonely as she had been out a lot so he looked really excited when he saw another rabbit when he arrived here. I asked her what he had been eating but she said oh he'll eat anything but he hasn't been keen on the pellets so I tried him with some Russell Rabbit which Dusty likes and he ate that more readily. He loves veg. He seems a bit wobbly at the rear end so will have to watch that. The previous owner is off to Uni and her Mother is moving to Scotland and didn't think he would travel well. He's called Leo.

I picked bunny up on the Wednesday, a week ago, froma lovely young lady. She had had him for 7 years, he was a rescue rabbit and they thought he was 1 or 2 years old, which makes him 8 or 9. He does look older, older than my 10.5 Dusty. He is settling in, she said she thought he had been lonely as she had been out a lot so he looked really excited when he saw another rabbit when he arrived here. I asked her what he had been eating but she said oh he'll eat anything but he hasn't been keen on the pellets so I tried him with some Russell Rabbit which Dusty likes and he ate that more readily. He loves veg. He seems a bit wobbly at the rear end so will have to watch that. The previous owner is off to Uni and her Mother is moving to Scotland and didn't think he would travel well. He's called Leo.

Thank goodness you have Leo to love forever now.

I hope that Leo settles in well with you. Are you still intending to bond him with your two girls?

I hope that Leo settles in well with you. Are you still intending to bond him with your two girls?

I am still getting to know him. He isn't very lively atm comparing him with my other bunnies, whether it's because he has had a big upheaval or not, I don't know. I shall wait another week or so as I want to watch his back legs as they don't seem very strong. If it's Arthritis he might be in some pain.

Back