• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Carefresh shortage

Steph2790

Young Bun
Anybody else finding that recently carefresh has been near enough non existent? Pets at home have none near me and it seems to be out of stock online too.

Fitch was out of stock when I last checked although haven’t checked today :|

Pets at home have said the carefresh shortage is something to do with the actual warehouse where it’s made.

They do however have an alternative in at the moment which I’ve never seen before. It’s called ‘Tiny friends farm small animal bedding’.

We picked up 2 big packs of it for the time being just to tide the buns over. It’s alot finer and less fluffy than Fitch and carefresh but it seems to be doing the job in the litter trays and at £7.50 (on offer) usually £10 it seems like much better value for money than carefresh and probably Fitch also.

I hate having to buy 10kg bales of Fitch because they’ve got so greedy and stopped selling the better value 20kg bales that lasted me ages! :roll:

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/pets/tiny-friends-farm-small-animal-eco-bedding-15l

Last edited:
Anybody else finding that recently carefresh has been near enough non existent? Pets at home have none near me and it seems to be out of stock online too.

Fitch was out of stock when I last checked although haven’t checked today :|

Pets at home have said the carefresh shortage is something to do with the actual warehouse where it’s made.

They do however have an alternative in at the moment which I’ve never seen before. It’s called ‘Tiny friends farm small animal bedding’.

We picked up 2 big packs of it the meantime to tide the buns over. It’s alot finer and less fluffy than Fitch and carefresh but it seems to be doing the job in the litter trays and at £7.50 (on offer) usually £10 it seems like much better value for money than carefresh and probably Fitch also.

I hate having to buy 10kg bales of Fitch because they’ve got so greedy and stopped selling the better value 20kg bales that lasted me ages! :roll:

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/pets/tiny-friends-farm-small-animal-eco-bedding-15l
Yep! Apparently they've got a supplier shortage, I've been using the farm friends stuff too, my hammie loves it :)

carefresh-?

dear patrons,-what is carefresh??-the name brand tells me it is a cat liter,??-the pictures show it is also a critter bedding..paper product??-I use timothy/orchard grasses for rabbit bedding,poop boxes,and grass bins[everything]-they never complained.,and it also reciprocated growing a garden..,-are we on the same page or did I misunderstand something here.??--sincerely james waller from across the great pond,the other kent.wa.98032 usa:wave::love:

dear patrons,-what is carefresh??-the name brand tells me it is a cat liter,??-the pictures show it is also a critter bedding..paper product??-I use timothy/orchard grasses for rabbit bedding,poop boxes,and grass bins[everything]-they never complained.,and it also reciprocated growing a garden..,-are we on the same page or did I misunderstand something here.??--sincerely james waller from across the great pond,the other kent.wa.98032 usa:wave::love:

Hi James :wave: it is a litter/bedding, it’s quite soft. I personally use newspaper or wood pellet cat litter with hay on top as you describe :thumb: I find woodpellet litter is very absorbent :thumb:

Hi James :wave: it is a litter/bedding, it’s quite soft. I personally use newspaper or wood pellet cat litter with hay on top as you describe :thumb: I find woodpellet litter is very absorbent :thumb:
This :)

I don't use it for bunnies though but you can, I use it for my hamster :)

Back