• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We're an hour in .... Success!

TheThreeB's

Mama Doe
..to bonding Spud and Dottie (recently bereaved when Ziggy passed).

I would say the early signs are good :). There's been no aggression and Spud is hopping over to her in a friendly way, with a few humping attempts.

However, Dottie is having none of it. Every time he hops over, she runs away and repeat! She'll flop out, but the second she sees him coming, she's on guard, then runs off.

Is this normal? I can see how fast her heart is beating!

x:

Last edited:
..to bonding Spud and Dottie (recently bereaved when Ziggy passed).

I would say the early signs are good :). There's been no aggression and Spud is hopping over to her in a friendly way, with a few humping attempts.

However, Dottie is having none of it. Every time he hops over, she runs away and repeat! She'll flop out, but the second she sees him coming, she's on guard, then runs off.

Is this normal? I can't see how fast her heart is beating!

x

Put some fresh forage or herbs scattered around to take their minds off each other for a bit.
I usually keep adding in bits of food/grass/rose leaves or whatever I have when anything begins to brew :)

It sounds pretty normal. I'd say if they are keeping their teeth & their claws to themselves its all good for an hour in. Lots of happy bonding vibes xx

I hope the bond goes well. As you know, I'm very fond of Dottie and would love to see her snuggled up with a bunny beau again xx

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone :)

Things are going great. They've been together all day, without issue. Dottie has really settled down and they've both been flopping out. Currently they both appear to be sleeping.

Dottie still runs away when he approaches, but is now occasionally letting him get near x

Thanks everyone :)

Things are going great. They've been together all day, without issue. Dottie has really settled down and they've both been flopping out. Currently they both appear to be sleeping.

Dottie still runs away when he approaches, but is now occasionally letting him get near x

Oooh brave Dottie :)

Well done you!

Are you going to be able to get some sleep tonight, do you think?

Oooh brave Dottie :)

Well done you!

Are you going to be able to get some sleep tonight, do you think?

Ha, I know it took a while, but guess what ... she just groomed him :D.

They are both flopped near each other now, albeit Spud in the litter tray and Dottie next to it!

Yeah, my dh will be down here with them tonight (they are in the lounge), he often sleeps on the sofa anyway, because he stays up late on his computer.

I even managed a nap next to them this afternoon as all was peaceful x

Ha, I know it took a while, but guess what ... she just groomed him :D.

They are both flopped near each other now, albeit Spud in the litter tray and Dottie next to it!

Yeah, my dh will be down here with them tonight (they are in the lounge), he often sleeps on the sofa anyway, because he stays up late on his computer.

I even managed a nap next to them this afternoon as all was peaceful x

Lovely to hear! Boy do you need some good luck :)

Thanks MM, we really do, it's been horrible losing Skye, Thor and Ziggy.

Is ignoring any good? They are choosing to mostly sit away from each other, sleeping and lounging out, but not much else! x

Yup, that's OK! Grooming and snuggling may well happen in time :)

I'm happy to report that things are going perfectly :D

There's been mutual grooming and they are happy eating together and will sleep near each other. I'm sure snuggles won't be long! :love: x

Thanks everyone.

We've moved them to their full time space today, in the bedroom. We've moved the pen upstairs and will let them settle for a few more days before we extend things.

It may seem a little sudden, but everything has gone perfectly and on Tuesday they will be left alone for the first time when I go to work, so I wanted to get them sorted x

Thanks everyone.

We've moved them to their full time space today, in the bedroom. We've moved the pen upstairs and will let them settle for a few more days before we extend things.

It may seem a little sudden, but everything has gone perfectly and on Tuesday they will be left alone for the first time when I go to work, so I wanted to get them sorted x

I don't think that seems sudden at all. When I do male/female bondings for other people I allow 48 hours, and by that time they are ready to go back to a clean and neutral home. There's never been any issues on returning home.

Lovely to hear you've all done so well :D

Back