• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Did you know that ...

How many of those are in rescue, I wonder :cry: those figures are from 2016 so there might be more or less now.

only if you don't count fish
I do wonder how neglected ('normal' coldwater) fish are, tbh!

People are always excited that we have rabbits, and love their setup, and that they're like cats when they're indoors! Lopsy's basically part rabbit, part cat, part dog!

A lot of people assume they're pets for kids so when I say I have two house rabbits they don't necessarily understand! I try to explain that they're part cat in that they do their own thing and part excitable puppy! :love:

People are always excited that we have rabbits, and love their setup, and that they're like cats when they're indoors! Lopsy's basically part rabbit, part cat, part dog!
Yep, can't stand bettas in cups :/

Man, I'd forgotten about them, poor things :( It was common practice 20yrs ago, so yeah, why would it have changed, they can't tell you they're bored/lonely/tired/cramped :(
I know, I have big aquarium plans when I move, I've never kept fish before except we had a small tank when I was little.. But I'm also going to get another tank and get a betta, feel so sad for them :(

The other tank is hopefully gunna be discus fish and I wanna do it planted... So gunna be a challenge, but I do like to throw myself in the deep end [emoji38]

Been talking to a lot of fish guys in different shops, and I have to say every time I see the bettas my heart sinks :( I get it, it's tricky they have to be separate etc.. But cups just make it so much sadder :(

A lot of people assume they're pets for kids so when I say I have two house rabbits they don't necessarily understand! I try to explain that they're part cat in that they do their own thing and part excitable puppy! :love:

There is a lot of ignorance surrounding rabbits, and people often think they know best.

A few years ago I cleaned out a rabbit at a place where I was staying self catering. I offered and they accepted, because I could see the rabbit was on a pile of it's own faeces several inches high.

When I said that if they didn't want to keep the rabbit (who never came out of her four foot hutch and was only fed on weeds pulled up from the ground around the hutch) they declined saying that the rabbit was perfectly happy with them. I was so very sad to leave her behind, but I cleaned her out one more time and bought some rabbit food for her before I left :cry:

I really feel for fish, as they have an incredibly raw deal, from the little I know about them :(

Back