• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Old buck and Girly friend in need of a home

Bramblespack

Warren Scout
Hi everyone,

I have recently started working weekends at the York branch of the RSPCA - I am working in the purpose built rabbit housing which is really great. Anyway we currently have a 6 1/2 year old blue/grey (possibly dutch cross) male bun called Flopsey. He is a lovely old man who always has one ear up and one ear down. Unfortunately he has breathing difficulties due to teeth problems :(. He has seen FHB and she put him on nose drops twice a day which do help.
He is currently partnered with a perfectly healthy grey agouti female lop called Jasper - I would like to point out that I didn't name them.
Anyway the point is that the cold weather seems to be playing havoc with Flopsey whos having a really hard time of it. I would love to see him rehomed to be a house rabbit were its warm. Both are very clean and tidy buns and although flopsey needs medication regularly he is a lovely gentle bun who loves nothing better than a nice snuggle. Please can someone take him in...
If you do wish to take them please contact the York RSPCA at:-

RSPCA Animal Home
Landing Lane, Clifton, York YO26 4RH
Tel: 01904 654949
Opening times: Tues, Thurs, Fri, Sat & Sunday 11am to 4pm
Wednesday 11am to 2pm

Thankyou for your time I hope someone can find space for them

At the moment the management for the centre is unwilling to post the rabbits at the centre on rabbit rehome (I am trying but seem to have reached a brick wall) so don't mention that it came from here... Please

Anthony and the pack

Unfortunatley Flopsey has left us and gone over the rainbow bridge. He was a wonderful huggy rabbit who will be dearly missed by the staff at york RSPCA. I have got some poictures of him (on a film waiting to be developed) so I ill post a picture of him as a memorial.

Anthony :(

Back