• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've got him! Say hello to Crosby!

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
Went to Kathys yesterday and picked up the lilac tan called Danny..renamed him Crosby. My Dad was a Bing Crosby fan and he was tragically killed in the Reading Train crash 3 weeks ago,already have a dog called Charlie (my Dad's name) so gave new bun this one.

He's smaller than he looks in the his pic on Kathy's thread, but lovely and very lively..will hopefully pair him up with Thistle when he's fully recovered from neutering.

crosby.JPG

crosby2.JPG

crosby3.JPG

Hi there Jill & the gorgeous Crosby, and a huge welcome to the Forum.

I am deeply sorry to hear about your Dad, he would be very touched to know you had named a lovely rabbit in his honour.
Best wishes
Adele and all the Sanctuary rabbits

He's gorgeous Jill! I love lilac and tans. I too am truly sorry to hear about your dad, but I'm sure he's looking down on you with pride *hug*

Aww Jill, he is just a scrummy bunny :D :D Its a good job I did not see him the weekend I was at Kathys :lol: but I am really glad that he has got you, I am sure he will be making you smile at this moment. Its lovely to hear one of the many bunnies in resues has gone to someone on here, it brings reasurance that they will be well spoilt :D :D

I am really sorry about your dad Jill, my heart goes out to you.

Crosby is a lovely name to give him, your dad would be very proud of you.

Howdie Jill - I saw this little beautie on Saturday while collecting Sandy (now Adele's Holly) - what a stunner this boy is and such a lovely tribute to your Dad - Crosbie I think you've landed on your paws now matey!

Gorgeous! what a lovely bunny.

I too am very sorry to hear about your Dad, I hope Crosby is bringing you some comfort.

So sorry to hear about your Dad Jill. Its a great tribute to name such a handsome chap after your Dad's favourite singer and will provide you with many poignant memories. My Dad got me into opera (very unusual as he worked at the pit all his life) and "O my babino cara" {O my beloved father} was "our tune" and although he passed away 10 years ago, I think of him dearly every time I hear that song.

I first saw a lilac when I went to a breeders to get my first house bun ( Dylan ) People didnt believe me when I said he had a purple(ish) bunny ! He looks lovely, and hope he helps you feel a wee bit better.

hello Crosby :wave:

Sorry to hear about your dad. Crosby looks like scrummie what a lovley tribute to your dad.

He is gorgeous but also a real michief! He rearranges his hutch ( he has 3 sections) while you're talking to him..throws his dish, hay, toys at me and jumps about with bits of straw in his mouth then tries to push them into my hands..perhaps he's very intelligent ( like his owner! :lol: ) and is trying to play catch with me!! Loves it out in his run too..cant wait til my special bunny house is finished then he can meet Thistle! Fingers crossed they like each other

he's a lovely chap and by the sounds of it, quite a character. good luck with the bonding.
so sorry to hear about your dad. x

Hi Jill

He certainly is gorgeous and of course will be a great character because he has that "little bit of mischief"

I am very sorry to hear about your Dad...who can beat Bing's lovely voice..so this is indeed a great tribute. Just think how you would feel right now without this lovely warm and vibrant bunny. Just giving him a cuddle lessens your pain. Thinking of you Jill.

Back