• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anti urine spray?

slob1231

Warren Scout
Are they any sprays that i can use around the house to stop rabbits urinating in the same spot? I have lino and once Coco urinates (new thing for him, marking Territory because of new rabbit) he literally wees outside Skye's cage [emoji57] we clean it up with anti bacterial spray but nope, he still goes there [emoji23] also what's the best litter to use? Coco is 2 weeks post neutered and his urine still stinks but its strong and obviously living in our living room the stench is horrible, it literally smells like human BO! I always think its me its that strong [emoji23]

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

its a double edged sword - problem is where it smells of pee he is likely to pee more, but he is also marking his territory unfortunately. any sprays designed to deter urine I found just caused them to wee where you don't want them too more. the idea is the smell deters them but I have had no luck! plus buns and chemicals aren't great. to rid of the smell and possibly (I say possibly with a huge doubt over it) get him to stop, the best bet is white vinegar. usually I mix it with a bit of water so its not as strong. leave the spot where he is peeing to soak for a few minutes to remove any smells and wipe up. your house will stink of vinegar, but then it depends on what you feel is best for you :lol: mine have still gone back to peeing over it too. once used "bitter apple spray" to stop chewing, they chewed more! tried vinegar too, they didn't care :roll:

I normally do use white vinegar aswell [emoji23] rabbits aye [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

It isn't his wee that you can smell, but I am not sure what. It's almost certainly in connection with your new rabbit. Maybe restrict him more until you bond them.

White vinegar is my choice, it smells but once it's dry it's not so bad. Alternatively you could put puppy pads down but then you risk them associating that with peeing and wanting to only pee on them (as I've found out the hard way lol).

Back