• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

beginning to question my sanity :(

binkyCodie

Mama Doe
ever since K & I came back, Orion hasn't been happy. I figured it was just sulking but he's getting worse and worse :(

he would still come out and run around, greet us. it was Orion, a sulky one but Orion at least.

but he's just..recused into nothingness. my Orion is not my Orion anymore.

he won't come out. he won't come to greet me. he doesn't want to play very much. he just sits, in their wooden house, in the pen. his appetite is still good, he still will come for treats, but its just not him. its not my thumpy little boy who runs around like an idiot. he doesn't binky much, he just sits there.

when I did the new gerbil cage today, he went nuts thumping and hiding, clearly distressed. as things have changed (old cage is on my bed for the moment) he's incredibly, incredibly unhappy. this wasn't him before, change didn't phase him. I could throw him in an entirely different environment and he'd be ok. now he wont even come out in his own bedroom. the ONLY thing that has changed is me and K coming home. the routine is still the same. same place, same hay, same food, same times.. just us being home.

I have pet remedy in but I can't really tell if its helping at all. it helps Luna.

I forced him out, I wanted to check that he wasn't in stasis. he just tried to run into corners of my room, tense, ready to run from danger at any given moment. he wouldn't relax. come to think of it I haven't seen him really flop in my room since we came back.

I'm just..lost. I do not know what is up.

I'm clutching at straws and jumping to conclusions but I'm wondering if he has some sort of sight issue too. his pupils (much like Luna's) do not seem as black anymore, they have this blue tint to them. its not enough to do on alone though and I know that. when I clicked in front of his eyes, or moved my finger, the only time he actually blinked was if I brushed against his eyelashes, or if there was wind coming from my finger.

K also commented that he seemed much like Luna, before she came out of her shell and trusted K.

I know that its not enough evidence to go on, and I know I should probably be brought a pack of straws an a trampoline at this point.

I just feel a bit lost :( I keep sitting with him has I draw, or trying to offer him pellet or other things..but he just recludes back into his pen in almost fear..unhappiness, uncomfortable. he's not relaxed anymore.

my mom said she didn't notice anything while she looked after then while I was gone..which is just the only thing that doesn't add up as I like to believe she would have.

he's just not my Orion :( it breaks my heart.

I suppose at the end of the day, if he is blind, or has some sort of issue with his sight (nothing I can prove and I feel I am probably incorrect), I'd rather it with me. at least I've been through it with Luna, and can adjust easy and know how to help him. K joked to me (if there is something wrong), what is the luck of me picking up two rabbits that have sight issues without me knowing.

he's back for his jabs next week, and this appointment is slowly becoming more and more. Luna needs her hocks checking as they're looking awful again, and I suppose I'm gonna dig deeper for his unhappiness. perhaps I can work it out. I can't go any early due to being totally booked this week, plus I'd just have to go back next week for his jabs, stressing them out again. it doesn't seem "urgent" but I can make it urgent if necessary.

I'm losing my sanity :( first Luna with her stasis, then her hocks split open bleeding last night, then Orion just not being Orion :cry:

just looking to offload I guess. perhaps anybody else can butt in with any ideas, I'm willing to try anything. but I realise my bets probably ride on the vet visit next week.

this will be a long week :(

I don't have any advice but just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you and the bunnies x

No advice here really either, I'm sure someone else will have good suggestions. Sending you big hug though BC xxxx

thank you both xx

just feeling a bit overwhelmed :( I wish he could tell me what was wrong. he just seems to miserable and it breaks my heart :cry: at first I thought it was just sulking towards me leaving him, but it just keeps getting worse over time since we came back. even when I'm not in the room, he shoots off if he hears a noise stomping in fear. the most he's done recently is jump onto the windowsill..but then he got scared when I came into the room and ran into the corner of the windowsill, almost hiding in fear. I've never hurt him..never yelled at him..well not seriously anyway, just perhaps a exclaimed Orion!!! when he does something stupid! its almost as if I've done something terrible to him, but I haven't. he treats my mom (as anybody) in the house the same, so its not just me. its just odd and concerning. he had a check at his vaccinations a week ago, but that was just general health wise for his teeth, heartbeat, lungs etc. didn't think to bring it up but since then he's just gotten worse too.

sometimes I wish they could talk and could understand me. I'm not poking you about to make you angry, I'm just concerned :(

Back