• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Air purifier

Zigzag

Alpha Buck
Does anyone else have one?

Our 2 indoor rabbits mainly live in the front room, and my partner is constantly complaining about his breathing being compromised due to the hay. so we are thinking of getting an air purifier. The Dyson one looks good, although v pricey (but I know you’re paying for quality)

So just wondered whether anyone has one?

Thanks

Our 2 indoor rabbits mainly live in the front room, and my partner is constantly complaining about his breathing being compromised due to the hay. so we are thinking of getting an air purifier. The Dyson one looks good, although v pricey (but I know you’re paying for quality)

Thanks
We have the dyson fan, the tall one that just does cold and purifies the air, couldn't live without it now. I was skeptical at first, I'm not really a fan person, whereas my boyfriend is always a million degrees and has a fan on year round [emoji849] but he got one, and it's amazing even if you just have it on auto so if it detects anything it cleans the air!

Gunna buy some more when I move [emoji38]

But you can get just a purifier much cheaper I think on amazon, Idk how good they are etc tho.

https://www.johnlewis.com/dyson-pur...ogy-purifying-tower-fan-white-silver/p3501891

This is the one we have :)

Thanks

I had a rabbit years ago that developed an allergy which severely affected his breathing.
After going down every route possible, I finally found some alternative meds that helped him and I also then got an air purifier for him.

I've since used the air purifier again when one of my rabbits started sneezing.

Yes I would recommend :)

Thanks both. Graciee I knew you’d recommend a Dyson, I have noticed you love all things Dyson :D

They do look great, I’m just a bit concerned that they are the same price as a return flight to India!

MightyMax which one do you have?

Thanks both. Graciee I knew you’d recommend a Dyson, I have noticed you love all things Dyson :D

They do look great, I’m just a bit concerned that they are the same price as a return flight to India!

Mine is one that's not made any more, so that's not helpful to you sorry!

They are expensive for sure, if you want one to work properly.

Oh my... You have a point... [emoji38] I'ma blame my boyfriend... [emoji849][emoji38]

Actually you know I don't really recommend the dyson fan, we've owned that one for like not even a year, and we're on our second one. It's great, but I don't think they're that robust, the one we currently have needs switching again it makes this annoying noise which really gets to me, the first one didn't... But after a while it kept saying that it was dangerous levels in the room, like maxed out and the fan was on full when in auto.. So when we send this one back we'll be on our third in less than a year... Other than that it's amazing [emoji38] and dyson support is too.

Hoover and both hair appliances from them seem far better made [emoji38]

Oh my... You have a point... [emoji38] I'ma blame my boyfriend... [emoji849][emoji38]

Actually you know I don't really recommend the dyson fan, we've owned that one for like not even a year, and we're on our second one. It's great, but I don't think they're that robust, the one we currently have needs switching again it makes this annoying noise which really gets to me, the first one didn't... But after a while it kept saying that it was dangerous levels in the room, like maxed out and the fan was on full when in auto.. So when we send this one back we'll be on our third in less than a year... Other than that it's amazing [emoji38] and dyson support is too.

Hoover and both hair appliances from them seem far better made [emoji38]

That's really interesting.

I got mine 25+ years ago, and a load of spare filters (thankfully) and it's never let me down once.

I got mine 25+ years ago, and a load of spare filters (thankfully) and it's never let me down once.
Yeaa dyson products that I've experienced have been phenomenal, the fan I've been least impressed with... But also its still amazing? [emoji38]

I don't like their robot vacuum tho!

I wanna get a purifier eventually, but just a purifier, I find it difficult to know what to go for tho [emoji38]

We have two - both to deal with OH allergies to bunnies.

The dyson is silent so great for the bedroom. It’s effective too.

The other one was a lot cheaper from John Lewis. It seems just as good at its job but is noisy.

So, I’d say, consider where it needs to be and, if you can get away with it making a noise, go cheaper.

Thanks all for your help and recommendations.

My partner’s very keen on the Dyson, I’m also impressed that they’ve been around for over 25 years! Good to hear that they work effectively too.

SJL- would you mind letting me know the model of your cheaper air purifier please? Thanks x

Thanks all for your help and recommendations.

My partner’s very keen on the Dyson, I’m also impressed that they’ve been around for over 25 years! Good to hear that they work effectively too.

SJL- would you mind letting me know the model of your cheaper air purifier please? Thanks x

It’s a Bionaire. I can’t find a model number but it’s a few years old anyhow so probably wouldn’t help. It’s a tower. About 1m in height. Hope that helps

It's the economy of capitalism: washing machines are built with a five year life these days, whereas in the 'olden days' they were built to last as long as possible :thumb:

It's the economy of capitalism: washing machines are built with a five year life these days, whereas in the 'olden days' they were built to last as long as possible :thumb:

Exactly!

Built in obsolescence ... My 2 year old fridge/freezer is beginning to croak :roll:

(sorry Grace - sent my reply to KK before seeing yours! Great minds :))

Back