• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Halloumi is missing

Rhianna

Wise Old Thumper
For the past six months my buns have been living in my neighbour's garden in a combined hutch and run joined by a Runaround Tunnel. The neighbour was having an extension built up to my boundary - which is where the bunnies usually live. There was no way they could remain there. It was all supposed to be done over the summer but has dragged on.

They are usually on concrete but are now on grass and Halloumi has dug a tunnel and escaped:( He did this once before in the summer and fortunately I found him quickly but this time he has been gone for days. The ground was so wet that he hadn't been able to dig as the hole just filled up straight away. He has found a way though:(:( Zippy is really sad and barely eating. He is having a few pellets and some of his spring greens/carrot/whatever 'treats' I give him, so I don't think I need to syringe feed him and that would stress him out further.

Halloumi is microchipped as he was a Pets at Home adoption bunny - not old stock or from them as the microchip was the wrong number apparently. I think I maybe should have re-registered him or something though - can't really remember as I took him straight away to be vaccinated so I could bond him as soon as was possible as Zippy again wasn't eating much.

I have 'phoned around the local vets and left a message with the RSPCA. A friend has come over and is going to help me put some posters on lamp-posts. Is there anything else I can do?

Finding Halloumi vibes would be really appreciated. He is a gorgeous bun - not even fully grown yet. Zippy had the sense to stay where he was - he is older and wiser and knows where the best noms are:)

I so hope you find him soon. It’ll be worth posting on local Facebook groups too. I’ve seen a fair amount of animals found and reunited this way.

Oh no :( I don't know if you have facebook but I'm in a local rabbit rescue group that covers your area which you could post on. If you don't have FB, and don't mind me doing so, if you have a photo I could post it in there for you.

Hoping for a safe return xx

Hope you find him. On UK Rabbits they reckon missing bunnies don't wander too far so hopefully he is still close-by. xx

For the past six months my buns have been living in my neighbour's garden in a combined hutch and run joined by a Runaround Tunnel. The neighbour was having an extension built up to my boundary - which is where the bunnies usually live. There was no way they could remain there. It was all supposed to be done over the summer but has dragged on.

They are usually on concrete but are now on grass and Halloumi has dug a tunnel and escaped:( He did this once before in the summer and fortunately I found him quickly but this time he has been gone for days. The ground was so wet that he hadn't been able to dig as the hole just filled up straight away. He has found a way though:(:( Zippy is really sad and barely eating. He is having a few pellets and some of his spring greens/carrot/whatever 'treats' I give him, so I don't think I need to syringe feed him and that would stress him out further.

Halloumi is microchipped as he was a Pets at Home adoption bunny - not old stock or from them as the microchip was the wrong number apparently. I think I maybe should have re-registered him or something though - can't really remember as I took him straight away to be vaccinated so I could bond him as soon as was possible as Zippy again wasn't eating much.

I have 'phoned around the local vets and left a message with the RSPCA. A friend has come over and is going to help me put some posters on lamp-posts. Is there anything else I can do?

Finding Halloumi vibes would be really appreciated. He is a gorgeous bun - not even fully grown yet. Zippy had the sense to stay where he was - he is older and wiser and knows where the best noms are:)

Oh no!! I really hope he's found soon.

Sending loads of vibes and hugs for you xx

Oh no :( I don't know if you have facebook but I'm in a local rabbit rescue group that covers your area which you could post on. If you don't have FB, and don't mind me doing so, if you have a photo I could post it in there for you.

Hoping for a safe return xx

I am not on facebook and don't have a photo but if you could put details on the group facebook page that would be wonderful. He is about eight months old, neutered male, mostly white but with some brown splodges. Has a thick winter coat and is a friendly, inquisitive bunny.

I am not on facebook and don't have a photo but if you could put details on the group facebook page that would be wonderful. He is about eight months old, neutered male, mostly white but with some brown splodges. Has a thick winter coat and is a friendly, inquisitive bunny.

Have done a post for you, it is just waiting for admin approval on the group. Will let you know if anyone gets in contact, but hopefully he will turn up before that xx

Edit: A few people who live in your area have already shared the post onto their own pages and other local lost and found pages. Hoping it will help.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear Halloumi is missing!

I think I maybe should have re-registered him or something though...

You still can. If you have the microchip number in his vet records or adoption paperwork then you can register that with a company. That way, if he's picked up and taken to a vet or shelter they will scan him and your info will come up. If not, they'll scan him and either the rescue's info will come up, or it'll be blank (depending on if the rescue registered it with them or not).

Back