• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What a week

CwningenBach

Warren Scout
Hey everyone,

I don’t post here much, I’m one of those gits that typically posts when I need help or advice - sorry about that 😳 It’s been a while.

Unusual post for me, no advice or help - just wanted to put this out there to people who will understand! One of my bunnies, Sherlock, spent the last few days in the vets - never, ever had this before. It was dreadful. The poor sod appeared to choke on Science Selective and it was horrendous. Went floppy, I thought he was done for. Really, really harrowing.

Ended up going into stasis, aspirated, basically in a bad way. The vets worked some miracles and brought him back and he’s home now. As he improved and started eating and poo’ing, the vets weren’t happy with his breathing so did an x-ray.

Turns out he has a heart problem - it’s going to be life long, but how lucky we are to find out about it because of the choking. Without it, who knows if we’d have discovered it in time.

He’s going to be on medication for life - poor sod is actually on 6 kinds for this week twice a day, all syringe. Eeek. Should go down to two kinds next week, one for the heart (Frusol?) and Metacam.

I was finally able to bring him home last nights, give him his medicine and relax. Emotional week! I’m still sleeping on the sofa so I can keep a close eye 😂 But he jumped at me before when I got in demanding his dinner so hopefully getting back to himself. This post is a bit self indulgent but feels good to get it out there. Proper tried to be a tough guy when I took him in and then sobbed like a proper muppet in the car. D’oh. But at least he’s home now and hopefully getting better. /End ramble

Rabbits... bloody rabbits.

Last edited:
Poor thing :( and how scary for you to watch him choke!

My Phillip is on Frusol and Metacam - absolutely loves it! He knows when it's medicine time and will stand at the kitchen door waiting, which makes things easier! I found he was back to his normal self within a couple of weeks of being on the meds after he was diagnosed.

Hoping Sherlock is feeling perkier soon!

Gosh, I’m sorry you went through all of that :cry: sending lots of vibes for him, and some hugs to you xx

Hey everyone,

I don’t post here much, I’m one of those gits that typically posts when I need help or advice - sorry about that �� It’s been a while.

Unusual post for me, no advice or help - just wanted to put this out there to people who will understand! One of my bunnies, Sherlock, spent the last few days in the vets - never, ever had this before. It was dreadful. The poor sod appeared to choke on Science Selective and it was horrendous. Went floppy, I thought he was done for. Really, really harrowing.

Ended up going into stasis, aspirated, basically in a bad way. The vets worked some miracles and brought him back and he’s home now. As he improved and started eating and poo’ing, the vets weren’t happy with his breathing so did an x-ray.

Turns out he has a heart problem - it’s going to be life long, but how lucky we are to find out about it because of the choking. Without it, who knows if we’d have discovered it in time.

He’s going to be on medication for life - poor sod is actually on 6 kinds for this week twice a day, all syringe. Eeek. Should go down to two kinds next week, one for the heart (Frusol?) and Metacam.

I was finally able to bring him home last nights, give him his medicine and relax. Emotional week! I’m still sleeping on the sofa so I can keep a close eye �� But he jumped at me before when I got in demanding his dinner so hopefully getting back to himself. This post is a bit self indulgent but feels good to get it out there. Proper tried to be a tough guy when I took him in and then sobbed like a proper muppet in the car. D’oh. But at least he’s home now and hopefully getting better. /End ramble

Rabbits... bloody rabbits.

I applaud you for taking prompt action so Sherlock is still with you. Demanding his dinner is a positive result. I hope you can get some rest now that he is improving. Hopefully your giving the large number of meds will not require you to awake at strange hours. Sending you and Sherlock some positive vibes.

Poor thing :( and how scary for you to watch him choke!

My Phillip is on Frusol and Metacam - absolutely loves it! He knows when it's medicine time and will stand at the kitchen door waiting, which makes things easier! I found he was back to his normal self within a couple of weeks of being on the meds after he was diagnosed.

Hoping Sherlock is feeling perkier soon!

Ace. Sherlock is well into his Metacam too 😂 Frusol... no big drama taking it luckily but the Metacam, he loves. Seems to hate the Doxycycline but luckily that finishes soon.

Comforting to know it took a couple of weeks for your bun to get back to his old self! Sherlock is getting there I think, day by day :)

Back