• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Enrichment for nommy bunnies

loobers25

Warren Veteran
Hi everybun,

As you may be aware Dennis eats and injests everything including fleece, woods etc. There's no chewing and shredding he literally sits eating stuff.

I'm struggling to come up with daily activities. I've had to conviscate fleecy and fabric tunnels. Even plastic baby toys where I used to stuff hay in has been nibbled

Has anybun got any Dennis safe toys and activities they could suggest?

With Millie and Toby I could build cardboard fortes, cardboard tunnels, toilet rolls but dennis will eat all of these.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

What about the wooden balls (that he could eat) that you can put food in and he could push it around?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enough hay to build tunnels; sticks when it comes to foraging time; natural (willow, jute, water hyacinth, hemp) rugs & balls?

I don't think he's doing so bad - he has his train, all the MPH stuff, places to jump, binky & hide & beautiful Maples to share it all with

Enough hay to build tunnels; sticks when it comes to foraging time; natural (willow, jute, water hyacinth, hemp) rugs & balls?

I don't think he's doing so bad - he has his train, all the MPH stuff, places to jump, binky & hide & beautiful Maples to share it all with
But how much is safe to eat? I can't wait for foraging times

I'm going to order another run around tunnel like yours as too thick to chew. They must get bored though. I don't trust Dennis when he is bored

Last edited:

I agree. Your rabbits have certainly got loads more of this type of thing than mine. Mine have mostly cardboard boxes with sticks stuffed inside, which they pull out and I put them back :) They eat both the cardboard and the sticks, but not to excess. If you want to give them more, then I would get some of the natural stuff that j&b has suggested. Mine really don't play with anything that I have tried them with before. It takes them ages to get through a willow/water hyacinth tunnel or even a hay brick. They much prefer to just nibble their hay.

maize or sweetcorn still wrapped in it's leaves - just a little bit of corn exposed so they know it's there? make him work for it :lol:

water hyacinth bunny

DeGpW8q.jpg

I agree. Your rabbits have certainly got loads more of this type of thing than mine. Mine have mostly cardboard boxes with sticks stuffed inside, which they pull out and I put them back :) They eat both the cardboard and the sticks, but not to excess. If you want to give them more, then I would get some of the natural stuff that j&b has suggested. Mine really don't play with anything that I have tried them with before. It takes them ages to get through a willow/water hyacinth tunnel or even a hay brick. They much prefer to just nibble their hay.
Hay bricks good idea omi. Unfortunately I can't trust Dennis with cardboard box :(

Oh... Mine eat cardboard with no problems.. I'll have to look into that D:
I'd imagine nibbles here and there are ok. But dennis will sit there munching some for breakfast, lunch and dinner

I believe I read on here it can cause blockage?

Yes, or a general gut slowdown. Frosty eats cardboard too, so they can’t have it! I buy them lots of forage (usually from natures own) and they get lots of apple and willow sticks

Back