• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Coco update!

slob1231

Warren Scout
I just wanted to send you guys an update on Coco! My beautiful boy just had his RHD2 injection, and he's booked in to get neutered next Tuesday 9.20am! He's healthy and happy! Very big bunny now i think the scales were roughly on the 30lbs or however they do it lol. He's a big boy! I'm really nervous about his op though!

So we managed to get him into a different vets, who know what they're talking about so i feel so much better for that as he was at the pdsa before! Once he's recovered (30 days post op!) We are going to get him a girlfriend, I'm so excited! May have to start looking at adoption centres! End of the month we'll get a new cage & keep the current one for the bonding of them, because I've read we have to keep them separate on the first days of introduction is this correct? Do you have any tips for bonding? I'm really excited but nervous at the same time [emoji23]

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

When you say that he's just had his RHD2 vaccination, do you mean in the last day or two? If so, I personally would wait a couple of weeks before having him neutered, so that his immune system is fully back to normal.

When you say that he's just had his RHD2 vaccination, do you mean in the last day or two? If so, I personally would wait a couple of weeks before having him neutered, so that his immune system is fully back to normal.

Ditto

Hope all goes well for his op' :)

I just wanted to send you guys an update on Coco! My beautiful boy just had his RHD2 injection, and he's booked in to get neutered next Tuesday 9.20am! He's healthy and happy! Very big bunny now i think the scales were roughly on the 30lbs or however they do it lol. He's a big boy! I'm really nervous about his op though!

So we managed to get him into a different vets, who know what they're talking about so i feel so much better for that as he was at the pdsa before! Once he's recovered (30 days post op!) We are going to get him a girlfriend, I'm so excited! May have to start looking at adoption centres! End of the month we'll get a new cage & keep the current one for the bonding of them, because I've read we have to keep them separate on the first days of introduction is this correct? Do you have any tips for bonding? I'm really excited but nervous at the same time [emoji23]

The RHD2 vaccine provides full immunity after one week, and for that reason I can't say it would be unwise to go ahead with the neuter a week (or so) after the vaccination. Personally I would probably wait for another week to bring the total to two weeks, just to be sure that the lad's immune system will be able to cope with it all.

Bonding .. People do this different ways. I keep the rabbits apart and not even seeing one another until I put them together in a neutral space. But you will find loads of differing views on this!

He sounds an absolutely smasher :love:

Yeah hes recently had the rhd2, the vet didn't say anything about waiting? He's already had his yearly injection aswell, the thing is his testicles are really swollen he needs to be done before he starts spraying he's being a little pain in the bum getting to over excited and chewing everything including me [emoji23]

He likes to lick and nibble me alot an gets really excited and scratching me [emoji23]

Back