• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When rabbits sleep.

Toby

Banned
Do/can rabbits sleep with their eyes open? I know this is a really weird question but I think Toby does sometimes. I use to think he was awake and could see everything going on (even though he looked comfy for sleep) but in fact when I have opened his cage it has looked as if I had woken him up - though his eyes where already open lol. Toby does tend to sleep during the day and wake up ay about 11/12 o clock.

They do, yes - they have a nictating membrane over their eyes (I hope I spelled that right... :? ) so they don't have to close them. Freaky little things.

that explains why cheeky ignores me when I speak to him . on second thoughts tho , maybe he is just ignoring me !! hhhhmmmmm!

Thanks for posting that! I was gonna ask a similar question. My little Bob had been running round all afternoon and he stopped for a while for a rest, I went to see how he was and I am sure I woke him up. He was looking at me abit dazed and he jumped when I spoke to him. I got a nose nudge and a bit of a snuggle though, so he obviously wasn't too mifed with me!

Anna, Bob & Dexter

Just don't ever creep up on your bunny when their sleeping or they run a mile and won't come near you for hours as punishment for scaring them!!

linnyloo said:
Just don't ever creep up on your bunny when their sleeping or they run a mile and won't come near you for hours as punishment for scaring them!!

I'm one of those bad bunny mums who gets creeped out by my bunnies sleeping in funny positions with their eyes half open and so pokes them in the belly to check they're not dead. :oops:

Back