• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Food time

Lisa1981

Mama Doe
You would think I was starving them with the way they are munching. I’ve never seen them hop so fast out of their tunnel.
73b4160e616ae6bf681c0a332189569b.jpg
d364a614039f194090f1f21faae2dc89.jpg

Harlequin didn’t even want to give it up when my daughter decided to join her.
8b609df556c4a7778bc7577f0b400482.jpg

A milliseconds break and I can imagen them thinking maybe the hooman was right to give us new food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What lovely pics.
Yes, I can understand their concern - don't forget they've had no food ... since the last time. :love:

It comes exactly the same time every night and they have been munching on willow and apple twigs with three types of hay all day. Surely they can’t be that hungry lol

i wonder what they put in pellets to make bunnies go crazy for them?
my 2 are eating grass & nibbling tons of other plants all day long, but when it comes to pellet time in the evening it's like they've had nothing all day!

They are adorable :love: Pellet o’clock is the bunnies favourite time in our house too :thumb:

Aww they are such sweeties.. and yes they look totally starved!!!!

Beware them trying it on to get two dinners, by looking starved. Archie and Pip are masters at tricking me and my OH into two meals. Hahaha. Still eat both portions with gusto like then haven't eaten for days. ..

It’s the first time they have been so eager that’s why it suprised me.
Aww they are such sweeties.. and yes they look totally starved!!!!

Beware them trying it on to get two dinners, by looking starved. Archie and Pip are masters at tricking me and my OH into two meals. Hahaha. Still eat both portions with gusto like then haven't eaten for days. ..

Starved omg and my mum called them fat the other day !!!
Not on best of terms with her at min lol

I’m starting to split up their pellets ( but have also cut them down recently) as they giving me such a run around at bed time and just don’t want to go to the hutch. Won’t be getting any more then usual tho. Smart mummy :)

Last edited:
It’s the first time they have been so eager that’s why it suprised me.

Starved omg and my mum called them fat the other day !!!
Not on best of terms with her at min lol

I’m starting to split up their pellets ( but have also cut them down recently) as they giving me such a run around at bed time and just don’t want to go to the hutch. Won’t be getting any more then usual tho. Smart mummy :)

They are definitely not fat!

Yes stay smart and one step ahead of them. We split their pellets into 3 portions. It's a good way to tempt them into the pen for bed time or if we are going to work. Teehee

I’m glad it’s not just me that thinks they are an ok size :)
Although Beauty does look a little round when sitting and along with the colouring reminds me of a heghog :eek:

I may try that for the days we’re out. I modified the hutch so there’s a second door that replaces the original when we’re home and they can use the tunnel to go to the hall way but the problem is getting them to stay in and not run back through the tunnel befor I can shut the original mesh door. Then they refuse to come back Tricksy bunny’s got me on my toes constantly.

Aww, they’re adorable. I try and weigh my bunnies each month on the kitchen scales so that can see that their weight is stable. My vet likes them to be slightly on the chunky side - obviously not massively overweight so that they have a reserve if they’re ill. In the same way, one of the GP’s I used to work with liked his elderly patients to be about a stone overweight so that if they became ill eg a bad chest infection or a fracture they had some reserves to help them recover.

I was thinking of doing the same with my 2 to make sure they still gaining at the moment as they are still really young. Just one problem and that’s they don’t like being picked up at the moment but then we’ve only had them 18 days. I like that idea of being a little bit over. Both your vet and go sound very wise.

We boarded ours once and the lady said she'd never seen bunnies go so mental for pellets! :lol: Ours are constantly begging, good job they're outside or we'd never get anything done! XD

Ours art bothered with the pellets when they have three types of hay to eat and enough cardboard to sink the titanic that they love to rip and so many toys but when the pellets hit the bowl that’s it they become little piggies with race horse legs and speed :eek:

Back