• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fireworks - RSPCA Campaign

Sarahbun

Mama Doe
The RSCA have a campaign to try and improve restrictions on the sale of fireworks.
If you're affected you may want to sign up, the link is here https://t.co/mbxQYMfrNm
Having had a poorly bun (GI stasis following several hours of fireworks last Sat night) thankfully now recovered I've signed.

The RSCA have a campaign to try and improve restrictions on the sale of fireworks.
If you're affected you may want to sign up, the link is here https://t.co/mbxQYMfrNm
Having had a poorly bun (GI stasis following several hours of fireworks last Sat night) thankfully now recovered I've signed.

I will definitely sign up Sarah, the Fireworks here on NYE were the worst I have ever known (in 58 years !!). My 4 Rabbits and poor Morse (dog) were terrified and they have never been bothered before.

It is ridiculous that humans should be permitted to subject utter terror onto animals, both domestic and wild, in the name of 'entertainment'. Another demonstration of the arrogance and feelings of self entitlement of the majority of humans. I could rant on A LOT more about this, but for a change I'll shut my mouth...........................

Thanks for sharing the link :)

Signed up.

I have nabours that let off fireworks every year in the street feet from the flats I live in. That in its self is a dangour to the kids that watch. Add in they all have a minimum of a dog 2 rabbits and a cat each in the 3 houses that partake every year that must be absolutely terrified ( buns housed outside). Mine were huddled up together shaking.

Personally I think fireworks should only be for public displays where they are far away from houses and animals and sold only to profeshnals who know how to use them responsibly.

My daughter who is autistic is also terrified at every loud noise and needs constant reassurance and cuddles any time they are set off even though we talk about them to prepare her for weeks in advance.

Thank you. Every occasion Halloween, Christmas, new year my neighbours set off fireworks. It's really really horrendous for the animals. The most confusing thing is our street is full if cats, dogs even chickens! I could never buy fireworks and set them off owning a doggy. I don't see the fun in it if you do it all year round

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I will sign because this NYE was fairly quiet but the next evening, out of the blue, there was a big flash and an almighty bang, then another and so on. I really thought someone was blowing my garden up. That went on for almost an hour with short breaks. The bangs were so loud I covered my ears and wondered how on earth my rabbits were coping. It apparently had been someone's birthday and they had forewarned my neighbour but not me. I think they ought to be sent to Afghanistan for 6 months, they would love it. They must have zero consideration for any life except their own egos. We have folk in their 90s round here too. My bunnies seemed ok the following morning thankfully.

I'm with JJ on this and will sign the document later. NYE round our house was worse than Nov 5th. We endured 7 hours of non stop fireworks being let off by eejots who seem to think that letting off fireworks is the vogue thing to do. They started at 5pm and in continued til 12:30am. The sooner fireworks are banned for retail sale in this country the better.

I will definitely sign up Sarah, the Fireworks here on NYE were the worst I have ever known (in 58 years !!). My 4 Rabbits and poor Morse (dog) were terrified and they have never been bothered before.

It is ridiculous that humans should be permitted to subject utter terror onto animals, both domestic and wild, in the name of 'entertainment'. Another demonstration of the arrogance and feelings of self entitlement of the majority of humans. I could rant on A LOT more about this, but for a change I'll shut my mouth...........................

Thanks for sharing the link :)

I'd happily join in with your rant Jane :D We're in a housing estate where any occasion seems to warrant cracking out the fireworks. It's so unfair :(

I'm with JJ on this and will sign the document later. NYE round our house was worse than Nov 5th. We endured 7 hours of non stop fireworks being let off by eejots who seem to think that letting off fireworks is the vogue thing to do. They started at 5pm and in continued til 12:30am. The sooner fireworks are banned for retail sale in this country the better.
OMB that's awful, 7 hours is very selfish.

Thank you. Every occasion Halloween, Christmas, new year my neighbours set off fireworks. It's really really horrendous for the animals. The most confusing thing is our street is full if cats, dogs even chickens! I could never buy fireworks and set them off owning a doggy. I don't see the fun in it if you do it all year round

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I agree, hopefully they'll introduce restrictions so that they can't be done all year round. Fingers crossed

I will sign because this NYE was fairly quiet but the next evening, out of the blue, there was a big flash and an almighty bang, then another and so on. I really thought someone was blowing my garden up. That went on for almost an hour with short breaks. The bangs were so loud I covered my ears and wondered how on earth my rabbits were coping. It apparently had been someone's birthday and they had forewarned my neighbour but not me. I think they ought to be sent to Afghanistan for 6 months, they would love it. They must have zero consideration for any life except their own egos. We have folk in their 90s round here too. My bunnies seemed ok the following morning thankfully.

The proposed restrictions include limiting the noise levels. Otherwise off to Afghanistan it is :lol:

My OH and I were saying how crazy it is that members of the public are allowed to buy fireworks at all. They're just compact explosives really - they should be limited to professional use for professional displays. I also hate the litter it causes - finding bits of plastic in the garden etc.

Signed up.

I have nabours that let off fireworks every year in the street feet from the flats I live in. That in its self is a dangour to the kids that watch. Add in they all have a minimum of a dog 2 rabbits and a cat each in the 3 houses that partake every year that must be absolutely terrified ( buns housed outside). Mine were huddled up together shaking.

Personally I think fireworks should only be for public displays where they are far away from houses and animals and sold only to profeshnals who know how to use them responsibly.

My daughter who is autistic is also terrified at every loud noise and needs constant reassurance and cuddles any time they are set off even though we talk about them to prepare her for weeks in advance.

I think we sometimes forget that fireworks can be scary for the human population too. Limiting to public displays would be ideal. That way there's some chance that we can avoid them - as opposed to neighbours setting them off at random.

My OH and I were saying how crazy it is that members of the public are allowed to buy fireworks at all. They're just compact explosives really - they should be limited to professional use for professional displays. I also hate the litter it causes - finding bits of plastic in the garden etc.[/QUOTE
It is mad isn't it?
I got up one Sunday morning a few years ago to find the remnants of an exploded firework on my car roof :roll:

I'd happily join in with your rant Jane :D We're in a housing estate where any occasion seems to warrant cracking out the fireworks. It's so unfair :(

Once I start I can really go off on one, I think the RU Mods may need a lie down in a darkened room if I did so on here :lol:

I'll sit down properly and send an email tonight. I like that it pre fills it, but want to personalise it a bit. I was at a bonfire party as a child, run by actually intelligent people who still managed to explode the bonfire and a sheet of fire shot through the garden. Nearby was a wooden barn filled with straw and hundreds more fireworks. Further down the garden massive gas canisters. Thank goodness the flames didn't reach the barn or the canisters. I honestly don't think they should be accesible people to have them at home and yes, the majority will use them with no accidents, but that still doesn't negate the fear for animals/people.

NYE just gone the fireworks were still going off at 1am here and I especially get really angry at the ones that go off randomly throughout the year with no warning, so people will be out with their dogs, let their cats roam, and have no chance to put in place measures for people/animals who are scared. I've lost count of posts on social media over the years of people whose dogs have ran off across roads etc as they weren't expecting fireworks at that point.

I'll join you in the rant corner Jane :D

Back