• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A post from the rescue bunnies at Barc

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
Well here is a post from the Barc bunny warren .

Some figures for you .
One of the figures is shocking but I don't want anyone to focus on that one
This is a happy post to celebrate the work we do.

So .....
In 2018 , here at the Barc bunny warren we took in *82* rabbits. .
This does not include any that were returned or that were born here if a bunny arrived pregnant .

In 2018 , here at the Barc bunny warren we rehomed *101*rabbits .
We currently have *23* rabbits waiting for homes .
*5* of these are reserved .

The number rehomed is slightly less than last year . But that is ok as it's mostly down to vhd2 and having to tell people no or to wait if they have recently lost a bunny suddenly .

When I get emails or messages or phone calls to rehome rabbits I try to keep a check on how many we can't help . I do try to guide people to other rescues if we are full but sometimes this isn't possible . Sometimes it is very upsetting to have to tell people we are full.

In 2018 , here at Barc bunny warren we have turned away *416*rabbits needing rescue space.
These are only the ones I've been directly asked to take and this does not include any I am tagged in on Facebook.

So a busy year .
And next year I expect will be the same .

So thank you to my helpers and volunteers , rabbit cleaners ,bonders ,transporters , thank you to the shops , staff and customers for raising funds , thank you to the other rescues including the Rspca especially Kim Greaves and Lizzy Bee , thank you to everyone who has donated , adopted or supported us in any other way .

Here we go into 2019 .
Please stay with us
We need your support

[emoji235][emoji235][emoji235][emoji235][emoji235][emoji235][emoji235][emoji235][emoji235][emoji235][emoji235][emoji235][emoji235][emoji235][emoji235][emoji235][emoji235][emoji235][emoji235][emoji235]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some figures for you .

So .....
This does not include any that were returned or that were born here if a bunny arrived pregnant .

The number rehomed is slightly less than last year . But that is ok as it's mostly down to vhd2 and having to tell people no or to wait if they have recently lost a bunny suddenly .

When I get emails or messages or phone calls to rehome rabbits I try to keep a check on how many we can't help . I do try to guide people to other rescues if we are full but sometimes this isn't possible . Sometimes it is very upsetting to have to tell people we are full.

In 2018 , here at Barc bunny warren we have turned away *416*rabbits needing rescue space.
These are only the ones I've been directly asked to take and this does not include any I am tagged in on Facebook.

So a busy year .

So thank you to my helpers and volunteers , rabbit cleaners ,bonders ,transporters , thank you to the shops , staff and customers for raising funds , thank you to the other rescues including the Rspca especially Kim Greaves and Lizzy Bee , thank you to everyone who has donated , adopted or supported us in any other way .

Here we go into 2019 .
Please stay with us
We need your support

[emoji235][emoji235][emoji235][emoji235][emoji235][emoji235][emoji235][emoji235][emoji235][emoji235][emoji235][emoji235][emoji235][emoji235][emoji235][emoji235][emoji235][emoji235][emoji235][emoji235]

Another year of dedication to Rabbit Welfare from you and Team BARC Angie. I can see what you mean about one of the figures, it is indeed very shocking. My wish for 2019 is that you and Team BARC will feel able to continue to help Rabbits in need. The work you all do is invaluable.

Happy New Year to all at BARC, be they Two Foots or Bunsters :love:

Thank you on behalf of all the rabbits you have helped in 2018 :love:

And a very Happy New Year to you all :love:

Well done and a big thank you to you and the other Rescues who do a wonderful job under extremely difficult circumstances

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Some figures for you .

So .....

So a busy year .

Here we go into 2019 .
Please stay with us
We need your support

Thank you for all the wonderful work you and your team do Angie.

Happy New year to buns and hoomins alike and may it be kind to you all :love:

Some figures for you .

So .....

So a busy year .

Here we go into 2019 .
Please stay with us
We need your support

I would just like to say thank you for all the buns you help and care for you are an inspiration and a truly specil person.
I have read some of your posts ( along with others) and have been educated in the welfare of rabbbits and the plight of many buns all over the country. It is people like you that make a difference and I for one will be looking to adopt in the future.
Me Harlequin and Beauty wish you and all the buns all the best going into 2019.

Thankyou for all the amazing work you do, I don’t know how you do it :love: I can wholeheartedly recommend BARC to anyone, Angie is truly an amazing lady and knows the personality of all the bunnies really well. I am so very glad that we were able to adopt Fern from BARC recently :love:

Back