• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tui and Tethra

Omi

Wise Old Thumper
First of all apologies for no photos :oops: As one of my teachers used to say at school, must try harder :)

We know that Tui was born sometime in December 2017, so my beautiful, precious girlie is about one year old. We've had her with us and Tethra for nine months and she is an absolute delight.

I guess that rabbits are a bit like humans, in that their relationships can be "all over each other" at one extreme or a "deep and intellectual" type of relationship at the other. Tui and Tethra do not spend all of their time together, but do spend a good part of the day in each other's company. In that respect it is more beneficial for Tethra as he always seemed to be the outsider with Yan and Tan constantly snuggling. This was not so apparent whilst we still had Methra. In the last month or so also, Tui has found there is joy to be had in grooming as well as being groomed. And when Tui grooms, she does it exceptionally thoroughly and it lasts for ages. They also have periods when they groom each other simultaneously, which is very cute.

Tui remains very skittish, whereas Tethra is completely laid back. Her main worry is bags. If I exit the house opposite their run while they are there and I am carrying any bag, large or small, it spooks her and she will zoom into the shed via the cat-flap. She never appears stressed if I open the door, but she still does it almost every time.

It also goes without saying, that she eats anything and everything that is put in front of her :)

So precious little one, I'm so glad you are with us :love:

First of all apologies for no photos :oops: As one of my teachers used to say at school, must try harder :)

We know that Tui was born sometime in December 2017, so my beautiful, precious girlie is about one year old. We've had her with us and Tethra for nine months and she is an absolute delight.

I guess that rabbits are a bit like humans, in that their relationships can be "all over each other" at one extreme or a "deep and intellectual" type of relationship at the other. Tui and Tethra do not spend all of their time together, but do spend a good part of the day in each other's company. In that respect it is more beneficial for Tethra as he always seemed to be the outsider with Yan and Tan constantly snuggling. This was not so apparent whilst we still had Methra. In the last month or so also, Tui has found there is joy to be had in grooming as well as being groomed. And when Tui grooms, she does it exceptionally thoroughly and it lasts for ages. They also have periods when they groom each other simultaneously, which is very cute.

Tui remains very skittish, whereas Tethra is completely laid back. Her main worry is bags. If I exit the house opposite their run while they are there and I am carrying any bag, large or small, it spooks her and she will zoom into the shed via the cat-flap. She never appears stressed if I open the door, but she still does it almost every time.

It also goes without saying, that she eats anything and everything that is put in front of her :)

What a special update. I think new additions often take a good while to learn to groom back - Mousey was the same. I've heard that carrying objects big enough to change your shape to someting unrecognisable freaks some bunnies out. You can always send me photos Omi

A lovely update:love: I’m so glad that the 2 Ts are getting on so well still :love:

We do need photos though;)

What a special update. I think new additions often take a good while to learn to groom back - Mousey was the same. I've heard that carrying objects big enough to change your shape to someting unrecognisable freaks some bunnies out. You can always send me photos Omi

Yes, I know, thank you :) It's not so easy when they are outside, but that is a feeble excuse :oops:

Yes, I've hear the same about bags changing shape. It's incredible how tiny the bag can be to cause a problem though. Tethra just looks at her as if to say, "Where's she gone now":) I think it could be made worse by her eyesight, which is obviously not the best and she still scans.

It's interesting that Mousey was the same. The grooming is quite intense at times. A couple of days ago Tethra was lying flat out and she was vigorously grooming his back all over. I felt I had to check he was OK :lol:

Aoife can be skittish too and I am sure it is due to her very poor eyesight. Like Tethra, Endeavour is so laid back he's horizontal much of the time ! :lol:

I was so happy when you adopted Tui as I knew she would have the perfect home. I am so happy for all of you that things have worked out so well :love:

Oh and having thought I'd never meet a more greedy Bunny than a Rex I then met Aoife.......................... ! :lol:

Aoife can be skittish too and I am sure it is due to her very poor eyesight. Like Tethra, Endeavour is so laid back he's horizontal much of the time ! :lol:

I was so happy when you adopted Tui as I knew she would have the perfect home. I am so happy for all of you that things have worked out so well :love:

Oh and having thought I'd never meet a more greedy Bunny than a Rex I then met Aoife.......................... ! :lol:

Exactly :thumb: And I imagine Aoife, like Tui, has a long list of reasons why she has to push in first to get to the food in front of Endeavour, such as bigger, brighter, more beautiful, still growing etc :lol:

Exactly :thumb: And I imagine Aoife, like Tui, has a long list of reasons why she has to push in first to get to the food in front of Endeavour, such as bigger, brighter, more beautiful, still growing etc :lol:

All of the above, or she sits on his head !!

Thanks for the update on Tethra and Tui, Omi. It’s lovely to read how well they’re doing. [emoji3]

They do sound very similar in personality to my Snoopy and Fudgie. Fudgie is also naturally quite skittish and Snoopy is very laid back like Tethra is. I do think both our girls benefit from having a calmer companion [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the update on Tethra and Tui, Omi. It’s lovely to read how well they’re doing. [emoji3]

They do sound very similar in personality to my Snoopy and Fudgie. Fudgie is also naturally quite skittish and Snoopy is very laid back like Tethra is. I do think both our girls benefit from having a calmer companion [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes and the dull boys benefit from having more exciting women :lol:

Hi Omi

Lovely to hear this update, and thanks also for the PM. Well although it took a bit of a while to get there, it does sound like Tethra likes to groom Tui properly! He must feel all clean afterwards.i hope to see photos soon, and remember school was a long time ago- we’ll for me it was !

Although my time with my Californian was brief ( and I also think she was Tethra’s sister), I remember she always used to get very scared if we walked in with a giant blanket..

I hope their bond gets stronger, I’m sure it will :love:

Hi Omi

Lovely to hear this update, and thanks also for the PM. Well although it took a bit of a while to get there, it does sound like Tethra likes to groom Tui properly! He must feel all clean afterwards.i hope to see photos soon, and remember school was a long time ago- we’ll for me it was !

Although my time with my Californian was brief ( and I also think she was Tethra’s sister), I remember she always used to get very scared if we walked in with a giant blanket..

I hope their bond gets stronger, I’m sure it will :love:

Hi, yes and I suspect school was longer ago for me than for you :lol: I will take some photos soon.

Tui is the Californian and one of your Californian's sisters :) I think two of the brothers are reserved now, which is great to see. It's interesting what you observed with the blanket. I think it must be connected to poor eyesight.

Lovely update double Ts. Bonded bunnies are so wonderful to watch. So much loved up-ness. It's good that Tui returns the groomy favour

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Omi is a normal hooman being and doesn't inflict her bunnies on everyone every five minutes like us

Hi, yes and I suspect school was longer ago for me than for you :lol: I will take some photos soon.

Tui is the Californian and one of your Californian's sisters :) I think two of the brothers are reserved now, which is great to see. It's interesting what you observed with the blanket. I think it must be connected to poor eyesight.

Oops I’m bad with names hehe! Yes, Penvelope has terrible eyesight. But she could sniff food out from 20 miles away

Omi is a normal hooman being and doesn't inflict her bunnies on everyone every five minutes like us

That's good to know :lol: It's also normal to like looking at other people's bunnies though :love:

Oops I’m bad with names hehe! Yes, Penvelope has terrible eyesight. But she could sniff food out from 20 miles away

Don't worry, we all do it :lol: Yes, they make up for their poor eyesight with an acute sense of smell where food is concerned!

Back