• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm New

Hi,

I currently have 1 rabbit, and am looking into adopting another one to be a compaion for him. He's supposed to be a lop- but I think the petstore was wrong because his ears stick up. I would like to post a picture of him, but I am not sure how. My rabbit's name is George. I also had some questions...

-Can and unneutered male and a neutered male live together? Or can an unneutered male and a spayed female live together? Or is it best/safer to have him neutered and then get a compainion for him?

It's always easier to get your bunny neutered before you try to bond. If your bunny isn't very hormonal then it is possible to bond with a neutered/spayed bunny, but he's quite likely to bonk the poor thing miserable if he's feeling at all manly. Of course some bunnies are naturally placid, and you'll know your own bunny's personality better than me. How old is George?

With a male, by far the easiest bond is to bring a spayed female home to him. You can bond two boys, but for an easy life I'd go for the girl.

Hi,

Thanks.

I am more interested in adopting the female anyways- for some reason, I like her better. And I would personally like another bun who is a different color than brown and white- and it says that they are both dwarfs, but for some reason I like the female better. George is almost 10 months old- and I found a place that does the neutering+exam for $85.

Back